How to Write an Affidavit (also called a Declaration)

Post and discuss legal documents of all kinds here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

LindaJM

How to Write an Affidavit (also called a Declaration)

Postby LindaJM » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:47 am

I've accidentally deleted some of my legal documents. (I thought I had a backup but the transfer of files failed...)

Anyhow, until I rewrite, check out this sample on the AFRA website: http://familyrights.us/bin/FORMS/sworn_affidavit.html

AFRA also has a copy of the declaration I wrote: http://familyrights.us/bin/FORMS/declar ... _facts.htm

Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

reach4thestars86

Re: How to Write an Affidavit (also called a Declaration)

Postby reach4thestars86 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:43 pm

the link you provided worked but the link that was suppose to bring up the affidavit or whatever...doesn't work...

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:29 pm

I will post better links soon. I tried them too; they're not currently working apparently.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:05 pm

Strange I clicked on them and it showed so, here is another link and you can get it from this link

viewforum.php?f=9
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

LeonardH

Postby LeonardH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:37 am

Hello. Leonard Henderson, the web guy at AFRA here. I am guessing that the day the first poster tried to log in, happened to be a day the webserver was having some sort of trouble.

The "Sworn Declaration" used to be called a "Sworn Affidavit". But based on advice from Attorney Frederick Graves, JD at JurisDictionary http://www.jurisdictionary.com-

Affidavit
A statement given under oath, usually written out and signed in the presence of a notary. Falsifying an affidavit subjects the affiant to the penalties of perjury. Affidavits have extremely limited use in lawsuits. In general they are not admissible evidence, and many pro se litigants (and inexperienced lawyers) find themselves in deep trouble when they try to present an affidavit as evidence of the truth of the matter asserted in the affidavit. Such evidence is inadmissible hearsay. Very few pro se litigants understand this fact, so they count on presenting affidavits to the court, only to find out at the worst possible moment that their affidavits are inadmissible hearsay. Affidavits have primarily two useful purposes. (1) Use affidavits before a deposition to lock a witness into his testimony. You can get the affidavit without noticing the other side. Once you have the affidavit and thereby know what the witness is going to say, you can set the witness for deposition, giving the other side notice ... confident the witness is not going to contradict his own affidavit. The deposition is admissible, because the other side had an opportunity to cross-examine. The affidavit is not (because the affiant was not subject to cross-examination.) (2) Use affidavits to verify pleadings, responses to discovery, and in support of oppositions to motions like summary judgment motions. The affidavit itself is not admissible. The purpose of the affidavit in such cases as this is to put a party under the penalties of perjury - not to prove the truth of the matter asserted. Please be wise. Affidavits are generally NOT admissible evidence.

-I have personally filed several "Sworn Affidavit" over the years and never heard any such complaint. But I would be inclined to believe Graves and utilize his advice. So the "Sworn Affidavit" at AFRA became a Sworn Declaration.

I think perhaps what the difference is, all of my Sworn Affidavits were SELF SWORN before God. A genuine follower of Jesus Christ is the only person capable of doing that in American courts.

Leonard Henderson, co-founder
American Family Rights
http://familyrights.us
"Until Every Child Comes Home"©
"The Voice of America's Families"©

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 am

Thanks, Leonard!
Sample Document Library

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:52 am

cool :D
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

Return to “Legal Documents”