my survival with cps

Share news of your success stories and methods for victory to inspire those who come after you here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

imeldahartley

my survival with cps

Postby imeldahartley » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:54 pm

On april 1, 2010 seven of my then 10 children were removed by cps on false allegations. On the team decision meeting 25 showed to support me, cps runned out of chairs and paper for their signatures.All the people suporting me told cps, that had make a mistake on my case. I was a good devoted mother to all of my children, despite the large number of them. That they were always clean, well taken care off and enrolled on several programs such as the girl scouts, the YMCA, the Young Marines program, cathequist classes, soccer, basketball. Hundred of letters starting coming from friends between my community. The fact that I started filing grievances against cps, only got them angry at me and in retaliation, decided to then remove the last two left under my custody a month later. First I got enrolled in counseling on my own, the pain was too much for me to handle and I neede some direction and professional support. This time I called the governoir's office and the legislator Maria Hoffman from family advocacy to get involved in my case. I filed grievance level number two and I was able to show my evidence against the lies. They apologized to me and changed my case manager and her supervisor. A new team was placed. Four of my children are back with me now, the other three will be coming back in May, three were sent to Mexico. When I get the rest of my kids back then I will stablish a supporrt group to educate parents about their constitutional rights, and I will also will work very haRD INTO PASS A NEW LAW IN REGARD TO CPS PROCEDURES

monkette31

Re: my survival with cps

Postby monkette31 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Wow, that is great news, you have most of your children back. Are the three in Mexico, Mexican citizens and the others? I am not trying to hurt you by asking but am interested in this answer. You have so much support, that is so good. Out here in California, they do not allow that many "supporters" in their team decision meeting and I wish I had known how important that aspect of the case was prior to being summonsed there by DCFS. Please remember us out here that have not such a good support system as you and thank-you for the promise of working for the people on this. Please come back whenever you can and let us know the end of the story and always beware!
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Happy Endings”