They're Coming Home!!!!

Share news of your success stories and methods for victory to inspire those who come after you here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

HappeeBee

They're Coming Home!!!!

Postby HappeeBee » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 am

I talked to my lawyer today who told me DCF was backing out of trial and agreed to a settlement (I know, I know! It's not what I wanted either..but read on). she told me because they still had not witnesses and no evidence that they wanted to avoid trial because they knew they would lose. So, instead they agreed to a proposal that my lawyer and I worked out:

My husband & I and our kids will go to one of these transitional housing programs that let you stay up to two years for FREE (we get our own apartment) while we get jobs (Lucky for me I have a job interview in Daytona tomorrow!!) and do what else we feel we need to do to better our family. They agreed to that but asked if my husband and I would seek some marriage counseling (mostly because we are a young couple they say and want us to learn how to work together as a married couple with a family...I can deal with that.). Anything else we choose to do is at our own discretion.

But we are getting our kids back!!

We were supposed to go to trial Thursday but due to 1(They're lack of evidence as I said 2(Hurricane Irene is headed our way and it's already started to rain, things will be shut down.

So, she told me she'll email me and let me know and see what the judge says about trial, but it's looking like we won't go.

I am very happy with my PD because even though she was court appointed, she fought hard for me and promised she'd get me my kids back and she did!!

I am just so happy and am looking forward to having them home!!!

P.S it still would have been nice to burn their hinds in court though...

Daruma

Re: They're Coming Home!!!!

Postby Daruma » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 am

Wow! All I can say is, great news! Congratulations!

Don't worry about not getting to go to court. You got CPS to admit defeat. This is a victory! And it's really about the kids and what's best for them, so the exact mechanism doesn't matter in the long run.

When will the kids be home?
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

HappeeBee

Postby HappeeBee » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Next month sometime. I just checked my email and my lawyer sent me one saying the Judge decided to continue trial and it will be September 21-that's three weeks from now. I hate that we have to wait a little longer but it will be worth it I know. She told me the reason why he's continuing is to give us time to work on the transitional housing and get that squared away so that when we go to trial it's done.

So, we're sad it won't be SOON SOON but it will be next month. We still get to see them tomorrow so that's a plus.

Small steps and we'll get there!

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:06 pm

^ :)

Return to “Happy Endings”