5 years after children were removed

Share news of your success stories and methods for victory to inspire those who come after you here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

angella971

5 years after children were removed

Postby angella971 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:16 pm

My husband and I had custody of his 3 children 2 weeks after we were married for 4 and a half years. When the oldest daughter turned 15 she became very rebelious, sneaking out at night,smoking pot in our home, ditching school, stole my car etc. We finally caught on to what she was doing and she bagan to get grounded and her things removed. She recruited her brother 13 and sister 10 to come up with a story they were abused. The kids were removed after numerous "annonymous" calls to CPS. The oldest claimed my husband had molested her. We went thru hell trying to prove our innocence not to mention $10,000 in attorneys fees. We realized it was a losing battle and the kids went to stay with a relative. Within a year, they were removed from that family "for abuse". In 5 years we had zero contact with the 3 children. We recently received phone calls from the 2 youngest, the boy is 18 1/2 and the girl is 15 1/2. Both admitted they lied in order to help out their sister. She no longer wanted to live with us so she concocted all the stories and they went along for the ride.

Fortunately for us we stayed true to one another and never faultered. The kids tried to pit us against one another during all of this, telling CPS "stories" that were reported in documents we ultimately received. I am happy to say my husband and I are happily married 10 years. No one knows the devastation false allegations can do. The social workers go on with their lives and never have to face the fact of what they did by believing the false accuser. I thank god every day the detective who investigated us saw thru this and refused to press charges even though CPS was demanding it. My husband would have gone to prison for one rebellious teens lies.

I wanted to tell my story to give hope to those out there. 5 years later and we are ok. The 2 youngest want a relationship with their dad and I but we are keeping our distance, after all we know what they are capable of. Just wanted anyone out there who is going thru this to know there is life after a CPS investigation.

treytrey1

Re: 5 years after children were removed

Postby treytrey1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:00 am

Take it slow, make them earn back your trust. They arent living with you anymore so they cant be taken, but
it will take time to heal the wounds they caused. I hope and pray it all works out.

Return to “Happy Endings”