NOT QUITE THE ENDING BUT SURE WAS HAPPY

Share news of your success stories and methods for victory to inspire those who come after you here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Gary Shaw

NOT QUITE THE ENDING BUT SURE WAS HAPPY

Postby Gary Shaw » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:12 pm

Lorrie and I spent 5 1/2 Hours today with our grandchildren, unsupervised. We played at our house for awhile and then took them to Saint Simons Island to the park. We (I) had a ball. :D

I have spent two hours (one hour on two occasions) with my precious grand-daughter in the last 369 days, so today was special. My grandson is only three months so he did the normal, he slept, but my grand-daughter and I played and played. It surely felt good to have her little arms around my neck again.

I will never forgive CPS for what they have taken from me.

Gary

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:41 pm

:D Glad you 2 are in their lives again and had fun...I've been to St. Simon Island years ago, the mossy oaks are cool looking, a nice place to go spend time with them :D
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

pariann

Postby pariann » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:00 pm

There's no substitute for the hug of a loved one, especially someone that depends on caring family. I don't get enough of hugging and kissing my little one now that she's home. I'm so happy that you got the time with your grandchildren. Crossing my fingers for many more happy times in the very near future.

LindaJM

More visitation = VERY GOOD

Postby LindaJM » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:40 pm

Gary, I'm so happy to hear this. Having so much unsupervised visitation time to me indicates that they are planning to have a reunification. I hope this will be so, and that it will be soon.

Linda
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Teresa

Congradulations!!

Postby Teresa » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:56 pm

:D It does sound like reunification is coming!!

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:27 am

UPDATE!!

We had another meeting with CPS last Friday (Jul 01). Because of you wonderful people coaching and guiding us we were able to carry with us about 12" of Rules, Guidelines, State and Federal Laws. You should have seen the look on the case worker's face when I walked in (with a tie on, not looking like a Contractor) and spread out the organized files.

We were able to correct her when she made a mistake (using only the LAW, not opinion) and the meeting quickly moved in a positive direction.

Bottom line the grands can now be in the unsupervised care of the parents two days per week. A parent aid from Baptist Morningstar Services will be working with the parents to help them get ready to have two children to care for. The parents are still young (20 & 22) and have very little experience caring for children (they only had the oldest for six months).

Anticipation is that reunification will be probable in July.

It truly amazed me how quickly they quit lying when you can factually show them they are lying.

Thanks to all who helped.

Gary

pariann

Postby pariann » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:35 am

Gary,

That is such great news. It is always a good feeling to know you are on top of things and they can't confuse the issues when you know what you are talking about. I feel that I was in the same position every time that I spoke with a caseworker and was able to cite laws and guidelines to them. I didn't even give the caseworker a chance to finish what sounded like their opinion before I was telling them what I KNOW they can and can't do. My first caseworker got really flustered when I corrected her about one of her 'opinion statements'. Opinion does not even enter into the equation when you have laws on the books that support the cases.

I hope the next feel good post that you make is the one that says the kids are home where they belong. :) I'll be praying for that for you all. :)

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:23 pm

Pariann,

I know what you mean. I thouroughly enjoyed telling her I was not interested in her opinion of anything, I was not interested in what she wanted, I was only interested in what the law said she could or could not do. I explained that they should be very careful how they state their opinions because the tape recorder was running and would surely be transcribed for use in our Federal Lawsuit. I did not think she could do it, but when I said that she got an even dumber look on her face.

Later,

Gary

giggles779804

Postby giggles779804 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:16 pm

That is wonderful news.

Return to “Happy Endings”