We refused to drug test and still won!

Share news of your success stories and methods for victory to inspire those who come after you here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

thepenguinpitt

We refused to drug test and still won!

Postby thepenguinpitt » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:46 am

We had our adjudication trial yesterday and walked out victorious. The initial charges in the dependency petition were neglect by failing to provide for the kids daily basic needs. It also said there was concern that the neglect was due to substance abuse because I had a prior SEN report, substance exposed newborn. The problem for them was that the SEN report was over six years old and when they opened the new case and took my kids we refused to do a hair follicle test. The judge said that just because we didnt take the test doesnt mean that we are using drugs. He also said that because the SEN report was old that it was irrelevant to the new case. Other than that they had no proof that we were currently using drugs. My lawyer said they needed to have a reason for asking for a drug test and other than old report they didnt have any new evidence that pertained to the current situation. It just goes to show that if you know you didnt do anything wrong to your kids you shouldnt be afraid to stand up for yourself against those bullys/terrorists. Just like you would never admit guilt in a criminal case if you were innocent, you should never admit any wrong doing in a dependency case if your a good parent.Thank you to fight CPS for all of the advise and useful information they provided me with..I hope I can return the help and pay it forward to help others win their cases.

Return to “Happy Endings”