Happy ending almost complete

Share news of your success stories and methods for victory to inspire those who come after you here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

veemarie

Happy ending almost complete

Postby veemarie » Thu May 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello All,

I finally received custody of my 3 boys in April. The problem is, my lawyer & 3 different counselors all told me that the case worker has a personal vendetta against me. Courts have closed the case, but DYFS hasn't. My problem is, my son's school is very discriminating. They call DYFS for any little thing. If my son farts, are they gonna call DYFS again? Geez lol. Can they continue to call the case worker for any little thing even after the case is closed? For example, they wanted to know the date of a dental appointment. I didn't know yet, so I didn't call back right away. They called DYFS immediately, saying they couldn't reach me. Just ridiculous. I am not sure if they are violating some kind of right. Since it is a medically based school for special needs children, don't I have to sign something that gives them permission to speak about my son?

family_man

Re: Happy ending almost complete

Postby family_man » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:13 am

I hate to say this, but if this type of harassment continues, you may have to find another school and move out of your area.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:32 am

Are you in a situation where you can homeschool, or put your child into a private school?

You might want to start by googling "your-state homeschool organization" so you can learn the laws and align yourself with other parents who have taken their children's education into their own hands.

The government schools are set up to funnel children into the CPS system and if your child's school has already targeted your family, I'd be looking for other educational solutions. Immediately. But, that's just me.

What will you do?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

thepenguinpitt

Postby thepenguinpitt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:41 am

Maybe you could try getting a copy of the judges decree to close the case and bring it to the school officials to show them that you already went to court and the case was closed. This might help put their minds at ease, but if they are calling the department for ridiculous things you should file a harrassment case against them, after you warn them to stop of course.

Return to “Happy Endings”