child abused

Share news of your success stories and methods for victory to inspire those who come after you here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

coolncrazy714

child abused

Postby coolncrazy714 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:30 am

My 2 year old grandson was physically abused while in states custody and no one wants to take responsibility for it, the home where he was placed is saying it happened at daycare, that he had the hand print on his face when she picked him up, daycare is saying that he was dropped off like that. This happened on August 31st 2006 but was not reported to DHHR until September 5th and DHHR did not act on it until September 8th, this allowing him to remain in the home and continue going to the daycare for 6 days where he was in imminent danger of further abuse. The way I see it, is if and thats a big if, it happened at the daycare facility, do you realize how many other children are at risk of imminent danger? DHHR and the daycare both were negligent for failing to immediately notify the proper authorities and have a police report filed so an investigation could begin immediately. There was clear and present danger to my grandsons health, welfare, and safety. They were also notified in March of 2006 about abuse that I witnessed and his GAL filed a motion to have physical custody transferred to the state but the Judge ordered he stays where hes at allowing grievous harm to him. The department was aware that my grandson was living in an unsafe environment and failed in its duty to protect him. There were numorous reports of domestic violence in this home where he was placed. As long as DHHR is allowed to get by with this, they will continue to place children in unsafe environments. The caseworker was informed by the prosecutor to file a police report since one was not filed from the beginning but when I called the police department, I was informed that there were none filed. I was informed by my daughter that her case worker said that we need to just let it go, dont dwell on it, that we will probably never find out who did it anyway, he is home now and that should be all that matters. A crime was commited on a 2 year old baby and we are just suppose to forget it ever happened. Just another poor kid that got caught up in the system is the way I see it. If it is never investigated by someone then we will never know why it was never reported from day 1, by law daycare was suppose to report it immediately and for the life of me I can not figure out why DHHR did not immediately report it either.

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:32 am

Is there any reason you can't call the Child Abuse Hotline yourself, so there will be a record?

Also, is there any reason you can't file a police report yourself, and get a case number, to have it on record?

coolncrazy714

Filed police report

Postby coolncrazy714 » Sun May 06, 2007 4:40 am

I did file a police report but the detective I talked to said they can not investigate because no one will admit who did it. I called again later to see if I can get a copy of the report and he said I dont think I can give that to you.

TechnicalBuddha

Re: Filed police report

Postby TechnicalBuddha » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:53 pm

coolncrazy714 wrote:I did file a police report but the detective I talked to said they can not investigate because no one will admit who did it. I called again later to see if I can get a copy of the report and he said I dont think I can give that to you.

Oh really?

So if "no one will admit who did it" the police won't investigate for CPS?

I may be misunderstanding here but I think, not sure... , I think you pointed out a pretty big double standard.

Return to “Happy Endings”