been a long road

Share news of your success stories and methods for victory to inspire those who come after you here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kelz03103

been a long road

Postby kelz03103 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:17 am

hi all someof you may not remember me , i have not been on in a long while , I have been working on a lawsuit and petitions to help end the insanity of cps. my case started in august 2008 ended in Jan 2009, the Judge in my case actually praised us , I should get a copy of that . he said manythings such as this case really didn't rise to the level , to even be brought to court in the first place , yet ruled with the state to carry on with their "help" and "services" to my family. No one working with us had one negetive thing to say . the child therapy that was forced on us , and the domestic violence councelor as well , saw no need for us to see them. For the record I chose these people myself NOT CPS. Also I am not shy with doctors , or any other worker such as a councelor about how cps is "suggesting" we visit them , and how they have been up my ass for years. The state closed my case early , my children were never removed from my home , because I used the law , and I did get a free lawyer , a good one. I cooperated with every request even did some things ON my own I thought they would like , under protest , let em kno daily I think they suck. my house was "cluttered " this was the life threatening issue that warranted cps invading our lives , taking us to court and forcing us to accept several services. the children were cleared by their doctor , I was forced to take them and have notes saying they were all fine . medically 100% healthy , the cps worker made notes that the children seem to NOT be effected in any way by the "cluttered" dirty house ect , something along those lines , NOT effected , they were not abused assaulted or mentally damaged in ANY way , yet we got a finding of true on neglect , I neglect my house /wifely duties , not my kids , to cps it is the same . judge agreed , then praised us for being good examples and taking care of things so quickly and cooperating yadda yadda , un friggin believeable. I feel really empowered now , let me tell you I learned so much from this whole experience , court is scary . I know this though I am 100% sure cps will in the future have to come at me 100% full force with all they have , they better follow the law and uphold my constitutional rights , because I say so. I will not be intimidated ever again , I will not back down , and I fully expect them at some point to try again.
basically we lost in court , I suppose , but we won they did not get my children ,and they have no power over me , they cannot use intimidation with me , because it just will not work. I was recently threatened by a spiteful biatch to be called in i said do it , I am waiting for it . good luck to everyone if i can help drop me a note . ~Kelz~

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:52 am

I am so happy to hear you had a good outcome and are empowered by what you've learned about dealing with CPS and the court!

Please tell us how you got a free lawyer... was that a court appointed lawyer?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

kelz03103

glad ou asked

Postby kelz03103 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:00 am

Hi Linda , this site was very helpful to me , still is , You asked how i got the free lawyer , this is exactly what I did , first i looked in the phone book and called the usual free legal aid numbers , then i looked up lawyers in my state Online and looked for expertise is child protection cases , i googled lawyers who fight and win Cps cases, so online I find one , I call her up , she tells me to wait it out , hard to do , but she explained that the first day of court is all about papers , you fill out financial avidavits, I am almost sure i got lucky but I had told the lawyer i called all about my case , her answer was , if i qualified for a free lawyer I would probably get her, the first day of court , she showed up announcing herself as my lawyer :) was great was thrilled with her instantly, also this is important , in my state they give u a little pamphlet telling you your rights lol which are all crap , but in this lil thing they give you it clearly says you have a right to a lawyer and that THEY will provide one , so the first thing out of my mouth was yeh if you want to question me you will have to provide me with this free lawyer like your pamphlet says , now i just say call MY lawyer , our case is closed out but every now and then someone wants to question me , usually the school, i tossed out the phrase lawsuit a few times , seems almost strange for people to be leaving me alone, hope this info helps :) ~Kelz~

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:10 am

Kelz,

The sad part about it is there is a social worker out there patting themselves on the back for 'doing so much good' and 'helping' your family.

When our case was FINALLY closed, the letter I got from the caseworker said it was a pleasure assisting my family. WTF??!!! Someone actually sleeps better at night by creating lies, making mountains out of molehills, and then considers themselves a 'hero' when the dust they made clears.

I also felt the same as you. I lost by still being 'founded' with neglect, but my family won because they never got my kids, and I refused to let them victimize my family anymore by using the laws in my favor.

Good for you!

kelz03103

Re: been a long road

Postby kelz03103 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:52 pm

update we got taken to court again , and this time the previous case that we were praised for closing so quickly and doing soo well , was brought up as a possible mistake , and oversight , they claimed if they hadn't rushed to close the first one , we wouldn't have a second one, wutta crock of chit . They told the court basically that they must have dropped the ball / missed something , so they suggested to the court that they be involved for a full year , to insure a full and thorough job was done this time around. We went through the whole process agin , for a year co,pleted all the bullshit services , i did manage to fight and get rid of one , by doing my research and discovering that my child didn't even qualify for it , due to and age restriction . At the end of it all we were praised again , and basically told we're not so bad , we were told by the case manager that she strongly felt they would leave us alone from now on , I will never believe that . I worry all the time , I know how they keep track of us , and monitor students in schools , hospitals , doctors offices , and even have their hands up the police departments ass. I do want to say this though , they again did NOT get my kids , so we were found guilty again , but we won again! the really twisted part is i have never been guilty , but i was even less guilty this time than the first time, the claims and concerns that they made up were less serious this time. I also learned more valuable lessons. One , and this is important for me to share , I opened my door no more than an inch , the bytch worker went to her office and wrote a full page on how my kitchen looked , theres no way she could have seen it , so I will not answer my door , unless a friend calls , lets me know they're coming for example , everyone knows this , I have them stand by the window so i can SEE who is at my door . They will never bag me with that trick again! The next time a worker is at my door , I will g oout the back door , lock it , walk around to the front , pass them a card from my lawyer , bid them good day , go back in , grab our emergency bags/clothes , (I keep packed) and I will be off to a friends a hotel or what have you. best of luck to everyone ~Kelz~

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:21 am

Kelz, it sounds like the second round was retaliation for the first round! Good thing you have a contingency plan for any future attempts at disrupting your family!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

betty bop

Postby betty bop » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:57 am

Yes Kelz sounds like she knows what to do and yes i suggest to everyone involved with cps once your case is closed leave the state and move somewhere different . Or at least get involved at your kids school that way they will know what kind of parent you are . but I left the state and they never bothered me again .

Return to “Happy Endings”