tommixx

Woman Says She Got Pregnant By Social Worker

Postby tommixx » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Woman Says She Got Pregnant By Social Worker; He Has Child
State Representative Calls For Investigation

POSTED: 5:16 pm CDT August 28, 2009
UPDATED: 1:01 am CDT August 29, 2009

http://www.wisn.com/news/20606268/detail.html

MILWAUKEE -- A social worker who was supposed to be helping a Milwaukee woman got her pregnant instead, the woman said. Now, she's fighting to get her daughter back.

The baby's father was assigned to investigate a child neglect complaint about the woman's other children.

The agency said the social worker broke rules by having sex with a client and but then placed the child with him after they removed the baby from her mother's home.

Theola Nealy
"I missed her birthday. He had her," Theola Nealy said.

Nealy's daughter, Melina, turned 1 year old in the custody of her former child welfare worker, who is also the baby's father.

"He started coming over, and it evolved into sex, and I told him I did not want to have sex," Nealy said.

Nealy said she had sex with the social worker to make sure Child Protective Services would let her keep her kids. She said when she became pregnant, he told her to have an abortion. After she refused, Protective Services soon removed her kids from her home.

"He's paying me back for one not having an abortion, and two, he took her just to get me back because he knows that's what hurts me the most," Nealy said.

Professional rules forbid sexual relationships with current and formal clients. The Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare said the social worker no longer works there.

"Any serious violation of professional licensing rules or standards would preclude continued employment at the Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare." according to the agency.

WISN 12 News found Melina in the arms of her father and the former social worker. Child welfare placed her with Peter Nelsen after they removed Nealy's children from her home.

"Well, certainly my relationship was inappropriate. I admit that. I'm sure," Nelsen said.

Nelsen is headed to court to fight for permanent custody of Melina.

"She's the love of our lives. She means everything to us," Nelsen said.

"Do you think it was a crime what you did?" WISN 12 News reporter Colleen Henry asked.

"State statutes I suppose would say so," Nelsen said.

"Do you think you're going to go to prison?" Henry asked.

"I would certainly hope not. It's been 11 months," Nelsen said.

The District Attorney's Office told 12 News it will not file criminal charges against Nelsen because the sex was consensual, and it's not a crime for a social worker to have sex with a client. That news devastated Nealy.

"He should go to jail," Nealy said.

The agency said it reported Nelsen to licensing regulators. It won't answer questions about why Melina and her brother and sister were removed from their mother's home, or given the circumstances, whether placement with her father is appropriate.

The case has prompted a request to Wisconsin's attorney general to investigate. Whitewater state Rep. Steve Nass said an impartial investigation is necessary.

Copyright 2009 by WISN.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA/CIA WIRETAPING PROGRAM....

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:34 pm

This reeks of the "plantation".

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:47 am

What people don't always understand is that rape doesn't always require a physical weapon. Threat CAN be legally considered a weapon in a rape case.

This man did not just break procedure, he RAPED this woman, and apparently did so repeatedly. The charge should be rape and this man should be going to prison for it. The woman should not only get her kids back, she should get a HUGE settlement to help care for her kids after what this animal did to her.

Return to “In the News”