Underground Safe Houses

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

survivorsofcps

Underground Safe Houses

Postby survivorsofcps » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Is there really an underground network of safe houses for people dealing with cps?

If not should there be?

Eljay

Re: Underground Safe Houses

Postby Eljay » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:17 pm

As much as we'd all love to escape them, it's difficult to. Unless you're willing to move out of state and/or homeschool your children FOREVER, you can't really escape CPS by disappearing. In the midst of our case, I did consider sending my daughter to live with grandma, purely to escape all risk of her going into foster care. Plus, if/when you get caught, you're treated as if you're a fugitive from the law, as if you went into hiding to abuse your children in private. I suppose you could move to a commune and/or go off the grid. But even joining a bizarre religious cult won't save you, as we saw with the FLDS raid. :(
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:30 pm

just curious. there has been some talk of starting one.
And the last accusation against us was so ridiculous but if cps believed it that would be bad.
The crazy person accused me of doing drug which i abhor and have limited sympathy for those that do.
They said that due to my medical condition. Yet I knew cps was shady since I was a kid. NEVER trusted them at all.

I don't know much about that case but i wondered about the mennonites/amish
I heard they helped slaves escape during the Underground Railroad, but I'm not sure if they would help accused parents. Hmm. If it came to that i probably would go underground if possible.

my only loss would be food-stamps. i would not have any problem with homeschooling.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:20 am

There was an underground railroad safe house system of some kind going a few years back. I didn't know much about it and never participated. I won't allow anyone not in my family to be in my house; personally I just couldn't handle doing something like that and am not set up for guests.

I heard rumors... and I saw a few web pages where people who were hosts were complaining bitterly about families who had stayed with them, saying very hurtful angry things because their expectations of their "guests" were not met... and some even decided the families weren't worth saving from CPS.

In my opinion, the whole thing was a misguided mess. I don't have any idea whether any families were actually helped. Some actually got in more trouble because the host families turned against them.

I quit as a member of AFRA's 'board of directors' because of this; I didn't want to be associated with people who were doing something I considered illegal (harboring a fugitive) and one of the directors was very involved. She's no longer with AFRA and turned out to be a big problem for them in other ways as well.

I've always said it is better to stand and fight (legally in court) rather than run, because I've seen so many situations where people ran then were caught via a warrant. Staying put and going into self-defense mode is the hardest thing you'll probably ever have to do especially if you're not familiar with legal proceedings, but if you're innocent and a good parent you have a chance of success.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:23 am

Interesting perspective its just hard to believe I would get a fair chance. Especially seeing what my own mother's family did to her. Helping to get us taken away from her.

I kinda figured that if there was one there might be some problems. It has just gotten so bad nowadays.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:49 am

If there were one they'd better never be communicating via internet, especially on an open forum.

What gets people caught usually is when someone connected to them either makes a mistake or rats them out.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:31 pm

oh i know if i did i would have to disappear online and off. The main trouble would be where to go. would be very hard to hide. Stay and fight first. Hide as a last resort.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 pm

I have heard of lots of families that tried to run, and were caught. I've only heard of one who succeeded... years ago she emailed me from Canada. She's probably still there.

Another woman who took her son to Canada was caught by the FBI - they took her son back to California and left her there. For years she was afraid to come back because she would go to jail. Eventually that's exactly what happened.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:11 pm

So basically have to leave the country it. It figures. CPS has too much power, control and influence. Even in the church. You would think the church would be able to see through the lies but most of the time they don't.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:17 pm

Well some of these kids have escaped, lots of them in Los Angeles alone. I would like to hope and think at least 100 are free from the cps abuse: http://missingkidsla.org/ .................... :roll:
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:07 pm

32 PAGES OF MISSING KIDS? and they call the parents negligent? roughly 600 kids in Los Angeles County alone? i knew it was bad but that's staggering even to me. How many of them have been abused since they ran? How many ran because they were being abused? How many are already lying in a grave waiting to be found? That is beyond ridiculous. I hope at least some of them made it back home if that's where they want to be. :|

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:49 am

As I have said, this shouldn't be talked about in an open forum.

If the parents stay hidden until the child is 18, and the adult children refuse to testify against the parents, then typically not much happens to the parents. The trick is staying underground and hidden until the children are adults. The parents might do some prison time, but not as much as if they were caught while the children were still minors. The only exception to this really is if the government wants to make an example out of you.

What gets the parents caught much of the time is making any kind of contact with the past life or mentioning the past life. Or the kids might miss someone from their past life and contact them. Or the kids might talk about their past life. It's almost always a mistake like that. It's hard for someone to cut ties with their past entirely.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:13 am

i doubt ALL of them were taken back by their own parents. the teenagers especially probably just ran away because they didn't like foster care. the younger ones may have been their parents took them back somehow.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:14 pm

survivorsofcps wrote:i doubt ALL of them were taken back by their own parents. the teenagers especially probably just ran away because they didn't like foster care. the younger ones may have been their parents took them back somehow.

There have been cases where the foster/adoptive parents abused the children and either sold them or killed them and dumped the bodies. It is all too easy in such cases to claim the children just ran away. No one would investigate further in most cases.

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:41 am

i've heard of that too. :shock: mind boggling how they can get away with that. yet bio-parents can't have the slightest thing off or they lose their kids forever.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Oh for the love of...........finally someone is talking about this thank you! Sorry I am not exasperated at anyone just about CPS in general.......grrrr.....

How safe is this site?

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 pm

There have been cases where the foster/adoptive parents abused the children and either sold them or killed them and dumped the bodies. It is all too easy in such cases to claim the children just ran away. No one would investigate further in most cases.

GASP!!!! And muffled scream! And people stupidly toodle their little butts down the road saying "isn't America great? I am so glad we live in a free country!" Holy Hannah!

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:40 am

maybe in some cases an exchange system could be set up

2 people in the same city are being investigated.
say one parent doesn't have enough food and another parent needs help cleaning. So the one gives the other parent food and the other helps the other parent clean. Or one needs a babysitter and the other needs a ride to work.
Could that work out?

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:42 pm

survivorsofcps wrote:maybe in some cases an exchange system could be set up

2 people in the same city are being investigated.
say one parent doesn't have enough food and another parent needs help cleaning. So the one gives the other parent food and the other helps the other parent clean. Or one needs a babysitter and the other needs a ride to work.
Could that work out?

No, because CPS will come up with any excuse why you're still not good enough to get your kids back once they take them from you. I had complied with everything demanded of me, and they still kept making up excuses. They do not give the kids back. Some people manage to fight and get their kids back, but not very many.

Your ideas would only work out for people before CPS ever got called.

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 pm

so it would have to starrt like if someone is threatening to call but hasn't actually called yet.

Sarah79

Postby Sarah79 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah if everyone was on guard like this BEFORE CPS was ever called. But people are so ignorant of what is happening. There is going to have to be some off internet networking somewhere. Along the lines of what has been said but Not Linked with the Internet.

I'm going to go put on my Elastigirl mask now............. 8)

survivorsofcps

Postby survivorsofcps » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:38 pm

lol

FreedomNow

Postby FreedomNow » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:47 pm

I love this concept in a few ways...

generally, yes, heading for the hills does not seem to be a good long-term solution. Should someone cross it off as an option entirely? heeeeckkkk no, not in my book. { Sri Lanka is beautiful this time of year... hello fellow expatriate community ;-) } Just use it as a last resort, as others have mentioned, or...

use it as a temporary band-aid.

for example: your 5-year-old has a nutrient-absorption issue, purely medical situation of no one's fault with a medical solution, and you have your at-home supplies and feeding mechanisms or whatever to take care of the issue... you're clear with your trusted health-people... but you-know-who is determined to pin you for "severe neglect" anyway... and try to make you slaves to their hospital of their choice... all in order to, as we know, usually try to make your children wards of the state...

in those type of situations, you would do well to, of course keep your intervals of visits with your trusted private-practice health people (keep this info private, keep mixing it up as to the specific hour and day, drop in a little early, etc)...

but otherwise LAY LOW from the time that they are trying to claim it's a "medical IMMANENT emergency" ... to such a period to where the situation is incontrovertibly, visibly, irrefutably resolved to even a total idiot...

where to lay low? surely a friend of a friend rents an above-the-garage apartment somewhere?

surely a friend of a friend is on vacation and needs a pet sitter?

surely a friend of a friend has a (super-nice) R V for an impromptu or planned family educational excursion? Make it fun!

The point is, get creative. If anyone asks... hey, you live a busy life! So many activities! Can I clear my schedule for you in a couple weeks? :-)

And if you're going to be the one bestowing a place to stay to a family, yes, it sounds like the better part of wisdom *not* live under the same roof... but maybe rather offer a property you don't worry about too much, and set up some clear boundaries. Who knows, if you have some super-clear boundaries and you are just that brave a soul, you can do what you like. :-)

dachshundfan

Postby dachshundfan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:29 pm

If your in a open CPS investigation I don't see how you would even be able to get passports for your kiddos without a flag popping up? Seems as though there wouldn't be anyway to escape them.

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:37 am

If you still have legal custody over your children, then there shouldn't be any problem obtaining passports for them. Just be sure that you don't let CPS find out what you're doing. They might obtain a restraining order prohibiting you from leaving the state.

On the subject underground safe houses, there apparently is a fairly successful network operating in the UK:

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=12912&sid=d6ae0fd4e88ae8748d9b6299a06e7b66
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Return to “Round Table”