remove founded findings after declining OAJ?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

marymargo

remove founded findings after declining OAJ?

Postby marymargo » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:47 pm

i am an RN with over 10 years experience in various settings. my teen daughter made false accusations about 2 years ago while in juvenile detention. she attacked someone in my house with a butcher knife and admitted to it to police and other officials while detained. since then i have let her go to live in CA with family where she wanted to go. there were never criminal charges filed. now i have lost my job because of background checks that show findings from CPS even though there were no charges filed. PLEASE ADVISE! :(

*Lady Liberty

Re: remove founded findings after declining OAJ?

Postby *Lady Liberty » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4280#p25300

I have not done this and am not too familiar with the process. This is an old post so I am not sure if the links still work, but hopefully will point you in the right direction.

LindaJM

Re: remove founded findings after declining OAJ?

Postby LindaJM » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:07 am

Here's the link for Central Registry Expungements.
https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/sys ... /registry/

I hope you can get this reversed. Some states allow it and others won't.

You should have received a letter when they put you on the list, giving you a way to request a hearing if you disagreed with their decision.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Round Table”