It's more important than ever to have a strong relationship

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Lysander

It's more important than ever to have a strong relationship

Postby Lysander » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:27 pm

It seems like, with the state eager to be more intrusive into what happens within families, it's more important than ever to have a rock-solid relationship with your partner. The state is ready to exploit any weakness or disagreement between parents. The worst situation is when you have a spouse who will trash your reputation to the point that you lose your kid, and then will behave in such a way that CPS takes the kid away from them too.

It seems like the success of the modern family depends on presenting a united front against the state. If the parents publicly fight against each other and get in a pissing match about which one is the worse parent, the state may decide, after hearing all that badmouthing, that neither of them is a fit parent.

family_man

Re: It's more important than ever to have a strong relations

Postby family_man » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:20 am

This is extremely important advice, and I concur 100%.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:28 pm

Yes, that's exactly what happens. That's why I wrote Child Custody Battles and Child Protective Services... something every parent considering divorce should read.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Jessie's Aunt

Postby Jessie's Aunt » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:57 pm

In my adaughter's case, her birthparents separated and began a custody war where both parents called on CPS to enforse a judgement that the other was unfit to ever have access to the baby. It got ugly and both parents soon found themselves deprived of their parental rights. And the baby, who never had been abused by either of them, suffered terribly in the numerous short-term foster placements that preceded our adoption. A peaceable separation and divorce would have saved those two young people a fortune in time and money wasted, not even counting the happiness lost. It's a crying shame what it cost my darling daughter.
Jessie's Aunt
Adopted my sister's grandchild, 2004.

Return to “Round Table”