Why weren't O.J. Simpson's kids taken away?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Lysander

Why weren't O.J. Simpson's kids taken away?

Postby Lysander » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:10 am

The current standard is that your kid can be taken away from you if it's proven by a preponderance of the evidence that you're unable or unwilling to give the child reasonable parental care to include, at a minimum, nurturing and safe parenting sufficient to meet the child’s physical, emotional, and mental health needs and conditions (including, if necessary, protecting the child from abuse or neglect by the other parent or other persons).

I'm a little surprised O.J. Simpson's kids weren't taken away from him, since a court agreed that it had been proven by a preponderance of the evidence that he had killed his wife and Ronald Goldman, and he was accordingly penalized for that. Apparently they still thought he was a fit parent, despite his being a double murderer.

LindaJM

Re: Why weren't O.J. Simpson's kids taken away?

Postby LindaJM » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:28 pm

I thought their maternal grandparents had custody of them.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Lysander

Re: Why weren't O.J. Simpson's kids taken away?

Postby Lysander » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:25 am

LindaJM wrote:I thought their maternal grandparents had custody of them.

Maybe you're right. Someone had to have been taking care of them while he was in jail during his murder trial.

Return to “Round Table”