Hierarchy of credibility

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Lysander

Hierarchy of credibility

Postby Lysander » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:41 pm

I notice that in my CPS case, my wife made a bunch of allegations against me, and the judge said she was going to make sure all that was investigated; and then, in the same hearing, she made a bunch of allegations against her own adoptive parents (who also had custody of our kid at the time) and the judge ignored those comments. http://nathania.org/w/images/2/2e/15JV6 ... 052815.pdf

It makes me think, there is a hierarchy of credibility in these hearings. I'm thinking it goes like this: adoptive/foster parents > anonymous tipsters > birth mothers > birth fathers. Accusations made by a person lower in the hierarchy don't stick against a person higher in the hierarchy. But an accusation made against a person higher in the hierarchy automatically sticks against a person lower in the hierarchy.

SnowBall

Re: Hierarchy of credibility

Postby SnowBall » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:21 pm

I was told by a good court appointed CPS lawyer that is somewhat dependent on the county you are in. But in one county we discussing that everything that a kinship foster parent says about the parent in an investigation is taken as fact by CPS. So they can bury the parent in accusations to make their case worse than it would have been based on the truth.

And the same kinship foster parents have admitted to being rough in discipline the young child. If you had caught them on video doing what they did with your child you would have called the police.

Return to “Round Table”