Help get my son home cps took him from his dad but wint let me have him

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brandinicole_02

Help get my son home cps took him from his dad but wint let me have him

Postby brandinicole_02 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:13 pm

The last time i seen my son was October 2015. My ex has custody of my son and i had visitation, every sense he got custody i have had to fight him to see my son. I have taken him to court for contempt and everything else in my power to keep visits and contact. Last time i seen my son was over a year ago. My ex pickex up and moved again i have looked and looked for him. The end of October i googled his fathers name and found out him and his wife were arressted for abuse on a minor under the age of 14 with serious injury and neglect of a dependent. I immediately contacted the dcs in the county he was arrested and they told me my son was in foster care and had been there sense april of 2016. I asked why they didnt contact me they saud his father had said i abandoned him, so they posted in the paper they were attemptimg to contact me i live over 100 miles from the county he lives in, they also said they contacted the local jails, prisons and sex offender list but never had any success in finding me. ( i have had the same address for 8 years). When they couldnt find me they went ahead with placing him in a foster home and the court proceedings. The judge foung me in default so when i did finally make contact i went to one of my ex court hearings with the dcs. The judege still found me i, default and the dcs wont let me see or talk to me son. Now they are setting a court date to put,me on a diposotional plan and i am going to have to start jumping through hoops to get my son. If the dcs done there job and looked for me they would have found me but they didnt and me and my son are suffering from it. I contacted the local state representative and he contacted the dcs they even told him they looked for me. He told me if they done everything they said they did they would have found me. The dcs had failed my son why should he have to lay his head down in a foster home when he had a mother willing capable and begging for him. Everyone says don't poss the dcs off or they will make it harder on you. How can i get the dcs to let me have my son! In the state of Indiana it's supposed to be kinship placement before anyone. They said that his father had custody and working with services so they have to work with putting my son back with him unless I can get custody and they are saying as long as there is an open dcs case I can't file for custody. How are they thinking about putting an 8 year old boy back with someone that hurt him like that my son had 2 black eyes knots all over his head and his ear was black and blue where his dad beat him with a cane and belt. I'm afraid of they give him back to him we won't be so lucky the next time my son either won't say anything or he will kill him it's been 7 months and my son is still saying he is scared that his dad will beat him for telling

KDus

Re: Help get my son home cps took him from his dad but wint let me have him

Postby KDus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:40 am

Unless your parental rights were severed, you are a party to the case. You have a right to be involved at every step.

CPS found my step-kids' father quickly after we couldn't find him for 2 1/2 years. Don't accept their excuses. BTW, that father got custody quickly after a few parenting classes. (Those kids were "unadoptable" and CPS wanted to get rid of them)

You have to move quickly because there are time limits starting when the child was taken regardless of your involvement. Still, you are going to have appealable issues.

Return to “Round Table”