Need advise please

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Lueriew

Need advise please

Postby Lueriew » Fri May 26, 2017 4:19 pm

So I usually don't post anything but I'm tired of just sitting back and doing nothing. For you to really understand my situation I have to go all the way back to 2005. But before I start with my story I wanna tell you that I'm a meth addict and have been since I was 16. I was clean from 1995 to 2004. I was married to my ex husband for 3 of those years. I also gave birth to our 2 children except I met my ex while I was pregnant with our daughter so she really not his. He signed the birth certificate so legally she is his. We split up in 2004 and he took my kids from me. Not only was he a lying cheating controlling pos he was also an abuser. Our split caused my relapse and in 2005 I was charged with child endangering. I completed drug court and out patient treatment. Was release from probation in 2010. So naturally when I coped my charge my ex was granted full legal and physical custody and I had to jump threw dfs hoops. Which I did with only one slip up. And even that slip up I didn't use. Almost but didn't. It was right after that slip up that my ex beat up my son. He was 3 at the time. I was informed of the abuse but his roommate and I was the one to report it to dfs. It took me calling the head supervisor three days after I first reported it fore them to even go check on my kids. And I truly believe the only reason they even did was because the supervisor was my dfs worker when I was in foster care as a child. Anyway my ex was charged with felony child abuse and I was granted full custody with his visits up to my digression. He plead no contest and recieved 3 years probation. I finally allowed him visits 3 years later because I could see the hurt in my kids because he refused to do supervised visits. A couple years after I got off probation I ended up allowing my kids to go spend the summer with him in Nebraska. I also told my kids that if they liked it and wanted to stay for the school year that was totally their choice. I found out later after my ex moved back to Wyoming that he had forced my kids to tell me they wanted to stay. I still had full custody so my kids came home with me. Just to shed a lil light on how my ex is treated by dfs I should tell you that right before my ex got the child abuse charge my son had ended up with a spiral fracture in his elbow. I was there when the Dr informed dfs that the only way he could get a fracture like that is someone grabbing and twisting. And right before my kids came home after moving back from Nebraska my ex and his wife lost their youngest child, I think she was 2 or 3 at the time, for 5 hours. The whole town was out looking for her. Not one thing was done about either incident by dfs. After my kids came home I started having problems with my oldest son and my youngest. I tried everything I could think of but I just couldn't handle either of them. So my oldest went to live with my mom and my youngest went to live with my ex. It worked out ok for awhile but then all of a sudden my ex disappeared with our son. I didn't get to talk to him for 3 months didn't know where he was for 6 months. And once again I relapsed. I got caught on a possession charge and did 90 days in jail. But I came out clean and ready to stay sober. Well my ex positioned the court for full custody of both kids and won. The judge didn't want to hear anything about my ex's child abuse charge. All he cared about was me being an addict. And he didn't care that I offered to do daily UA's. Losing custody really sent me off the deal end. I'll tell you though I'm a horrible criminal. I truly am ready to be sober. But I would rather die than be without my kids. After my ex got custody he up and moved with them again. I found out 2 days before his move when I picked up my kids for my weekend visit. My kids cried when they told me cause they didn't want to go. I tried to file for modification of custody but because my ex had given the court his new address 2 months after he moved and right before court I lost. Not only that the judge only cared about giving me a UA due to the fact I was out on bond with pending charges. Now when I filed for custody after my ex got his child abuse charge I was told by the judge that until he was found guilty his charge couldn't even be brought up in court. But this was a new judge so my pending charges were the focus of court. In January off 2016 I was arrested because they revoked my bond. While in jail I found out that my children were in foster care because my ex had beat up my son once again. I was release in march and my charges dropped in April. Because I was in jail, not when they first took my kids or when they had the 48 hour hearing, but when they had an initial appearance I was part of the case so to say. I was appointed an attorney and was advised to admit at no fault. I did not admit. But was adjudicated at the adjudication hearing. The dss worker has twisted both me and my boyfriends words and used it against me many times. I have been denied visits on many occasions. Wyoming refused to do a hone study so placement with me was not an option I was told. When I tried to point out that and icpc compact is not needed on parents living in another state I was tolds I was wrong. I was even denied a request to allow my kids to travel to see my mom who's dying from cancer. My ex ended up pleading guilty and was given 45 days to be served on weekends. All the while my visits are still denied because my ex husbands wife hates the fact that I will not hold my tounge and do not sugar coat this. Both my ex and his wife, who was present at both incidents of abuse and did nothing to protect my son, have from day one blamed my son for this abuse. The dss worker has also had my son diagnosed with fetal achohol syndrome basics on my ex and his wife's word. The problem with that is I don't drink. She says that my math use could cause it. Which I would agree to had I not been clean for 4 years before I got pregnant. When my son asked me about this at our visit I told him that he did not have fas and that his dad had lied to the DR's. Afterwords I was told if I said anything about it again my visits would be cut off. The judge who started out on this case just retired and we have a new judge. The old judge barley knew who I was even after we had been going to court every 60 days for over a year. And the new judge knew nothing about me at our last court hearing. DSS has requested a disposition hearing and we are going back to status quo. And I will be filing a modification asap. My only worry is that I don't want the same judge from our prior custody hearings. I truly believe he is prejudice against me. At our hearing for modification I filed right after my kids were taken into foster care this time I stated that I would like custody so when the emergency custody stuff was finished my kids would be safe. I was told that I do not have custody. I'm at a lose to how my ex can have two felony child abuse charges yet still be the better parent in the courts eyes. I know my addict is not good for my kids but when I have my kids I'm ok. I have a reason to stay sober and be happy. Without them its really all I can do to keep myself from just ending it. Sorry this is so long but I felt people needs the whole story to fully understand.

Return to “Round Table”