need advice...

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

anadi

need advice...

Postby anadi » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:06 am

I am new here so sorry if this post isn't in the right place. I need some advice on CPS. In the last 3 months, I had 3 suicide attempts (due to the medication I was on at the time). Well, the last time, a lady from CPS came to visit me in the hospital (which I don't remember) and I had signed papers that I do not remember doing either. She stated that I wasn't allowed to be around my children by myself for up to 6 months. The past 6 weeks have been hell on my 4 kids and my husband and I. They(the kids) are never together (they are with family that doesn't like me very well!) and they are always crying to come home. I only get to see them maybe twice a week as my husband works on the road. MY question is, CPS never visited, never called, never return any calls, and never sent any paperwork regarding ANYTHING; IS there really a case since nothing has ever been court-ordered? I was told by my advocate that after 30 days the case is closed, but my husband is afraid that if I am alone with my kids and someone happens to show up, that they will remove them permanently, as we were threatened with such.

Marina

Re: need advice...

Postby Marina » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi, and welcome to the site.

I am so sorry for what you have been through. I hope you are feeling better.

Learn everything you can. Here is a site that gives an overview of how the system works.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/

Return to “Round Table”