New CAS School?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Frustrated

New CAS School?

Postby Frustrated » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:41 am

Here in Ontario, there's new Children's Aid School that they are now building for Troubled Kids...I never heard this before. Remember here in Ontario, the CAS are governed by Private independent Business, not governed by Canada Government, however, they do still get funds from the Government. British Columbia CAS are governed by the Ombudsman, so there's more accountability and it's better there than Ontario CAS because there are no accountability here in Ontario, and yet they are building Schools for these kids??? :shock:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Marina

Re: New CAS School?

Postby Marina » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi,

How have you been doing? Good to hear from you.

I don't know how it works when teenagers are in group homes, since they are so restricted. I have never heard of the children getting on the school bus and riding off to public school, although I suppose they do it sometimes. You bring up a good point with the news item.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:25 am

These are Foster and Adopted Children that belongs to the Children's Aid, and they are troubled because they were in high school and they were being kicked out constantly so Children's Aid put these troubled kids in their own School. These kids also commmitted crimes all the time so Children's Aid thought it would be wise just to put them in their school to avoid drop outs and stuff like that. Furthermore, CAS are paying their RENT and Food because they are living on their own??? Only 16-17 years olds living in their own apartments without Parental supervision? CAS even has own apartments for these kids???
No wonder they keep on getting into all kinds of trouble. So how does the whole thing work??? :shock:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:15 am

I know here in the USA the group home owners get paid huge sums of money - from about 2000 to 4000 per child per month - it is a real racket! And a lot of group home companies have their own schools.

Consider this: 6 kids x $4000 per month = $24000 monthly home operating expenses. Could you live with that kind of budget? I know I could. :lol:

It's a racket. The group home owners are raking it in. They pay the employees less than $2000/mo. ... most goes into the home owner's pockets.

I've never heard of them having private housing for teenagers - but considering the problems of taking care of teens, I imagine that would be a solution to make it easier on group home employees. They probably still have people dropping in on the teens to see how they're doing.

The private housing might be used as an incentive to make teens cooperative.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:32 am

Well these Teens are causing trouble out there, and committing crimes. And there's no one watching them. They are free to do whatever they want. CAS pays their Rent and Food, and they are only 16 to 17 years old. They can't go to regular High School because they got kicked out because they were troublemakers. and yet they go to CAS School and have their own apartments.
Shouldn't there be any parental supervision? The adopted and Foster parents don't even want them, but they do talk to them "after" they get in trouble...these teens are not even living with the foster or adopted parents. There is one Foster child about 17 yrs old, she told me she is going to live in an apartment that was built by the CAS and that they will pay for everything for her to live in it and the school would be downstairs. or something.
The Regular High School is just one or two blocks from the CAS School.

All that money $$$ wasting in the wrong places, because these teens are getting charged, getting in more trouble, because no one's watching them.

Return to “Round Table”