Flood the CW with Paperwork and Other Time-Wasters?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

TDD84

Flood the CW with Paperwork and Other Time-Wasters?

Postby TDD84 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:25 pm

So I was wondering....
Say someone had their children wrongfully removed and thus had a sudden spike in the amount of time on his hands. Is there a way to flood the CW with paperwork as part of the strategy for making the CW's life Hell?

Nearly everybody hates paperwork.

How about other cumbersome time-wasting activities? Sure, it would take up the victim parent's time as well, but I'm quite sure it feels a lot different to the recipient than it does to the one initiating it.
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

TDD84

Re: Flood the CW with Paperwork and Other Time-Wasters?

Postby TDD84 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:44 pm

It might be helpful if there was a CPS lawyer here who could give a list of valid (or at least legal) nuisances with which a wrongfully-harassed parent might accost his or her dear SW.
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:02 pm

In the past, I have thought this could be a helpful strategy. For example:

1. Visitation reports. After every visitation, a report of what happened, who was there, what you observed. At the end, say, "If you don't respond in 10 days regarding any perceived error in this report it will go on record as an accurate record of what happened during the visitation." Then if they disagree they have to respond. At the very least you've used up ten minutes of their time in reading your report.

2. Phone call reports. Same as above, regarding every phone call or other contact you have with them.

This list could continue. For example, a report on every counseling appointment, parenting class, drug test, etc. etc.

3. Articles found on the internet. Send them to the caseworker with a cover letter stating your opinion and why you believe the caseworker needs to read them. Include a printout of the article.

Give them lots to read about. Of course, you'd have to be very careful NEVER to include any information they could twist to use against you, never any self-incriminating statements of any sort. Just enough to waste their time and annoy them enough to hope never to hear from you again. Believe me, when you have a huge caseload and are a busy social worker you don't like having someone continuously send in reports you have to read and possibly respond to... plus there's the filing involved. Time consuming! That alone might make them want to end the case after six months and send it on to a family maintenance worker.

Not saying this would have a positive effect in all cases. Cases and caseworkers are never predictable. But just saying, this is a strategy that some might want to try.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

sydtansam

Postby sydtansam » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:05 am

TDD84 wrote:It might be helpful if there was a CPS lawyer here who could give a list of valid (or at least legal) nuisances with which a wrongfully-harassed parent might accost his or her dear SW.

Yes! I dont understand why were still having to deal with Cps At ALL!!! Families are being destroyed as we speak!!! We need Lawyers here ON THIS SITE, get this "CPS" off our streets, and get on with our lives. Life is so short. Soooo many children are dying in foster care litterally being beaten to death!!! CPS isn't doing any better then the people who "hurt" the kids in the firstplace, the kids are only more scared, it's like torture, for the kids and the parents! And for what????? FIGHT CPS!!!!

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:03 pm

I know I haven't been posting in awhile. I was reading a rather riveting thread in the investigations forum. I'm hopping mad. I told my husband I may just become serious about my artwork and use it to fund law school. I was fuming to him earlier this evening about how there's no lawyer on this site, and everyone here needs so much help with no help readily forthcoming, and cps is a great service infiltrated by snakes, and someone needs to bully the bullies, etc. Yes, my dear husband got an earful. I don't usually get this mad, but I think it's more than justified. The injustices are infuriating. What's infuriating for me personally is that I would not be in any position to help anyone for years. That is soooo discouraging. So many need help RIGHT NOW!

Ok, rant over, for the moment anyway. You'll undoubtedly see me raving elsewhere on the same topic in the near future.

Linda, I love your ideas. I wonder if it would be possible to get one's lawyer to send similar things. Both the parent AND the lawyer each sending paperwork to the c/w that is similar to the other's paperwork but not quite the same. This would make the c/w need to repeat herself repeatedly, and do it again too (yes, I did that on purpose).

Not sure if that is feasible.

It's late. Time to quit trying to think. I'll only embarrass myself when I return tomorrow morning to read what nonsense I posted overnight.

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm going to amend my previous comment in a couple places.

I mentioned a "riveting" thread, but that made it sound like I'm sitting here bouncing up and down reading this and eating popcorn. That's not quite the image I meant to convey. I found the situation in that thread to be so... well ok.... riveting. It was like,"omgosh, you're kidding! No! Yes! Way to go mom! Good job lawyer! Stupid court appointed lawyer! Yay, lawyer grows a brain, woo hoo! I hate CPS, oh you jerks. Like a pack of dogs slobbering over raw meat! I need to be a lawyer. This is terrible." I really did get emotionally involved with this person's case. But there was no popcorn. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Also, I made the comment that I thought CPS is a wonderful service infiltrated by snakes. I should rephrase this to more accurately represent my opinion on CPS. I think the principle behind the existence of such an agency is wonderful. I think the framework they used to construct this agency is crap. I don't need to explain my opinion on why I think it's crap. You guys have a much more intimate knowledge of that than I do. I'm just pounding my fist on a table in frustration wishing I could fight for you all in court. I'd only charge if I won. ;)

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:19 pm

or they could just ignore it all, like in our case

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:10 am

mamalion wrote:or they could just ignore it all, like in our case

:(

GuyForcheese

Postby GuyForcheese » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Mamalion is DEAD ON!! Most CPS workers I've encountered just do as little as absolutely possible...don't even bother sending the REQUIRED letters to parents who's investigations were "ruled out", as required by Texas law...and then the parents have the right to request the records are all removed...I know of one family this happened to TWICE...TWO RULED OUT investigations...and when a third one came their way...because the previous caseworkers failed to ever send them the paperwork and letters to CPS came up empty handed...then CPS HAD (they claimned) had to put them through over a year of hell in court and investigations because "IT'S THE THIRD INVESTIGATION"....had CPS done their damn job and the people had the records removed they wouldn't have had to go to court and waste THOUSANDS of dollars and lose employment to make all the court appointments and "services" ordered by the crooked judge....and people wonder why children are dying!??!? IT'S BECAUSE CPS DOES NOT DO THEIR JOB CORRECTLY!! While my friends were in court for over a year...FINALLY dismissed and they never took their child...just threatened a lot (evil bastages) ...during that time at least 10 children died that had been investigated by CPS prior..and had LEGITAMTE EVIDENCE OF ABUSE in THOSE cases...bruises, broken bones, child left alone...etc etc..my friends...had NO evidence against them. So if CPS hadn't been harassing them for so long maybe a few of those 10+ children would not have died..

As far as one person previous ascertion that CPS started off with good intentions..I respect your opinion and even used to think that myself...but upon further inspection I believe it has ALWAYS been a failed idea and always will be...here's why.

1. NO ACCOUNTABILITY...ZERO, NADA ZILCH.....breeds infinite corruption, as we now have

2. People KNOWN to have abused their kids are allowed to keep or get them back if they kiss CPS's ass hard enough and the caseworker likes them and they complete all their "services"...because there are no 'bad" parents to CPS..just families that need help..SORRY..DO NOT AGREE THERE...some people are just INHERENTLY EVIL and do nothing to stop themselves and know if they schmooze CPS' backside it will keep them out of prison....MOST of the deaths that occured while my friends were in court were cases just like this

3. Had I abused a child I would expect to go to JAIL!!! NOT COUNSELING or other services!!! The system is nicer t accused pedophiles than parents!!!!...THEY get a fair trial..is it because so many of the judges are pedophiles or something??? Just wondering...seems VERY strange!

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:07 pm

Guy for cheese, youve got it right on...indeed thank you so much for reminding me. Its so hard to prioritize all of my grief. Thats the one thats the kicker, exactly, you got it. Its the what is cps not doing at this time that matters, and who are not being protected as we speak. thats what i've heard people say ever since my nightmare began...we have to protect children (like a robot).
I know these people have never spent time in a childs prescence. I just know this somehow.

And you're on to something about the child predation...I really think thats whats at the real core of this thing.

And what can we do to protect children that is better than educating people on why children are so precious and how to show them appropriate love?

:mrgreen: And as for you funny chick TDD you've got what it takes to be a lawyer, savoire faire, and of course, the constitution.
It wouldnt take you long to memorize that and you'd be all set. Now thats what I want to see, a true honoring of the constitution, as in, what makes a good lawyer, someone who loves this document and knows how to interpret it.

Good luck all, lets keep in touch!
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

*Lady Liberty

Postby *Lady Liberty » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:24 pm

I agree with the approach Linda stated. Document everything. Keep them busy. Have them enter a copy into YOUR file. Number them, and refer to them constantly, to show that they are not doing their job. Whether they read it or not, you will use these to build a case against them.

Yes, CPS is lazy. They like to walk over people who are most vulnerable. Let that work for you.

Cinbad

Postby Cinbad » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:13 pm

I suggested we call the CP's hotline daily and report their own abuse to them. Not false reporting but they would be required to investigate calls eventually

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:45 am

They will probably be able to trace the calls back to you... and I'm not sure that's a good idea. On the other hand, if they're really abusing a child in state custody, someone needs to say something.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Kshahin2

Postby Kshahin2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:35 am

Nice and Awesome Just get you new reader.

Health Supplement

Return to “Round Table”