Antibiotic & Removal of kids Question

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

ekavanagh

Antibiotic & Removal of kids Question

Postby ekavanagh » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi, I'm new to this site and not sure how it works but I'm trying to find out if a child misses 2 days of antibiotics for a UTI does that give the state a reason to think their safety is in danger and remove them? My girls wanted to stay for a few nights at a place they spend a lot of time at. I didn't have my daughter's medicine for her urinary tract infection with me but the mother of the place they wanted to stay at said she could come out and get it because I didn't have any money for gas for a couple days. She never came out but gave my daughter cranberry juice. the prescription was filled 3/18, she missed two days on the 21st & 22nd and it was supposed to be taken for 10 days. It was liquid antibiotics and a major struggle to get her to take it because it tasted bad, she would spit it out and when I mixed it with something she may have dumped it out. I was going to get her pills if she still had symptoms but kept saying she didn't, she has no previous hx of bladder infections and no medical problems. The mother ended up making a report about it & they removed my girls on 4/1, Friday at 6:30 pm and the shelter hearing was Tuesday 4/5 when I found out this information. My daughter did end up having to go into the dr on Sunday evening for tx of the bladder inf which I would have taken her to as well if she was with me. I felt terrible about her not getting the antibiotics and shouldn't have let her stay in hindsight but I want to know if that condition is significant enough to justify removing them. Thank you for any advice on this.

MaggieC

Re: Antibiotic & Removal of kids Question

Postby MaggieC » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:57 pm

CPS can remove children for anything and everything unless they are challenged.

I have read of (in case law) of children being removed because a parent took a shower whilst an infant slept in her crib, of having too many books in a home, of having too few books in a home. Of a poor mother sleeping on a mattress on the floor (whilst her children slept in beds), of three dishes left in a sink (to the unmarried young CPS worker, three dishes equated to three days worth of dishes), of the fact that the family cat was sleeping on the child's bed.

So, yes, CPS will and can do anything they want, unless they are challenged. BUT, once challenged, then they need to adhere to the law.

It could be that the statutes and case law in your state would preclude CPS from removing your children.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Yep, it sounds like they have a really good case against you. Wait until you read the report, it's going to be horrifying. You will be made out to be a monster. From the things you have said, I was just reading in another forum, you need to submit to the court and have it filed, your side of the story:

Its called filing an Objections and Corrections to the Social Workers court: (also you can replace social worker with whatever other report, psych, whatever)

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4274&start=0
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

ekavanagh

Postby ekavanagh » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:55 am

Thanks for the replies. I've since found out she had a clear UA the day they removed her and 5 days later there was still no infection. There is lots more and it's terrible. The same person who called about the antibiotics has been making calls for a while and my sister's past drug charges and some of her friends past charges (most i didn't know about) are being used against me. The person I left my girls with is the place CPS arranged for my ex to see the kids after he was arrested on drug charges and child endangerment. She loves to gossip and has never liked me but I thought she cared about the girls and didn't think her need for drama could hurt me because I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. But the caseworker loved her & she's been a "resource" for them and told people she would have my kids (her husband's past drug charges are same/worse than my sister & her friends). They let her take my girls after they were in foster care and were going to continue letting her until the foster mom believed me that she was manipulating the girls and overheard some things she didn't like and contact with her has stopped. I found out after the shelter hearing that the CPS worker who took my girls said I refused access to my house and kids and a person with a case that was never closed from 13+ years ago that had to do with his daughter being sexually abused was inside. His daughter was sexually abused by her step father not real father and they will get it cleared up but that person wasn't even in my house and it's just someone I happen to know but me & my girls don't spend any time with him. I only asked if they had a court order, they said no but were here to take protective custody and I let them come inside. CPS certified my mom and sister to have the girls so they are allowing my kids to be around the same people they are using against me. I have a safety meeting in a couple days and will do whatever they say. My girls call me constantly and cry and one of them complains of different symptoms and can't sleep at night but a doctor finds nothing wrong. I do like the foster mom and she's been an advocate for me with the caseworker and I see the girls at her place as much as I want. There birthday is on Easter this year and they are letting them stay overnight at my mom's with me on Saturday and then spend Easter day together. I haven't always been the best mom and have a lot of guilt about it but I didn't have support from family, a verbally abusive ex turned pill addict turned heroin user. The principal at the girls' school wrote a wonderful letter about me and my girls--i'm actively involved in school, girls never absent or late, clean & happy.........the school sees them everyday but one vindictive person has made my life into a soap opera .......I'll get through it and hopefully can do something to support change. this sight helps and thanks for listening

Mumto4

Postby Mumto4 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:06 pm

MaggieC wrote:

I have read of (in case law) of children being removed because a parent took a shower whilst an infant slept in her crib, of having too many books in a home, of having too few books in a home. Of a poor mother sleeping on a mattress on the floor (whilst her children slept in beds), of three dishes left in a sink (to the unmarried young CPS worker, three dishes equated to three days worth of dishes), of the fact that the family cat was sleeping on the child's bed.

I'm sorry. But I have NEVER heard of children being taken for most of the examples you listed above, and I worked with CPS for 4 years a few years ago (intake officer). And there are no judges (in their right mind!) who would take kids for the reasons you mentioned. LOL I am NOT defending them, I stopped working with the idiots for a reason ;) but I never took one call as you described above. GEESH! Come on. Don't lie to make CPS out even WORSE than what they are already. That's only scaring people of this forum, not helping them, IMO.
For example;
First off, why on Earth having too many books warrant even an investigation let alone removal!
And it's NONE of CPS's business where the mom sleeps as long as the child(ren) have beds. For example: I WORKED with CPS and while my home was being built I rented a 1 br apartment, and gave the room to my boys (who shared bunk beds) and myself and hubby slept in the living room. For almost 9 months too! It was NEVER an issue.
And unless cats have fleas or are dirty, cats can sleep anywhere in a child's home.
We haven't even taken kids for a sink FULL of dishes! lol let alone 3.
Queen of my castle, to 4 boys and one big baby(hubby lol) :)

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:02 pm

No one has to lie to make CPS agencies appear to be staffed by sociopaths. Their behavior is beyond reprehensible. CPS is a kidnapping industry where social workers fund their own salaries and benefits by removing children from their homes and receive federal money for their immoral actions.

CPS came out to my house to investigate minor cat scratches. Yes, a few minor scratches (red only with no scabs) were a reason for CPS to start an investigation to determine if they should kidnap my child.

CPS is also used as an "errand boy" for angry teachers to retaliate. I reported an abusive special education teacher and she, along with her bff the guidance counselor, called in this "neglect" charge against my husband and me to punish us. (We have zero risk factors for abuse/neglect of a child and have mentally/physically healthy adult children enrolled in prestigious universities.) Probably three-fourths of the posts on this site are about family members/ex-spouses/neighbors using CPS as a tool to retaliate and this is shown in national studies that have shown over half of all calls to CPS are unfounded.

Return to “Medical Issues”