getting medical records from when she was gone?

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

CPSptsd

getting medical records from when she was gone?

Postby CPSptsd » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:15 am

How can we go about getting medical records from the time our daughter was not in our care?

She was with her biological father, but under CPS supervision. No contact with him anymore. She was on Medicaid though. Will Medicaid tell us what docs or clinics she visited in that year?
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering." -- The Doctor

mamalion

Re: getting medical records from when she was gone?

Postby mamalion » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:13 am

can you ask for a statment from them? for your "records"

the records are your kids so regardless where she was they are hers

CPSptsd

Re: getting medical records from when she was gone?

Postby CPSptsd » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:49 am

I have emailed Medicaid in Texas. I am just confused, since I want the medical records but first I have to find out where he took her (which hospitals, clinics, doc offices, etc) so I am hoping that that is in the Medicaid claims history or something and they will tell me.
"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that need altering." -- The Doctor

Return to “Medical Issues”