PARENTAL COSENT NOT NEEDED

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

naborchk

PARENTAL COSENT NOT NEEDED

Postby naborchk » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:53 pm

MY SON 11 IS ADHD AND HE HAS BEEN MIS DIAGNOSED WITH BI POLAR DISORDER. I HAD HIM DIAGNOSED ABOUT A2 WEEKS BEFORE THEY TOOK HIM. NOW THEY HAVE HIM ON RISPERDONE 2MG IN THE EVENING THIS KNOCKS HIM OUT FOR THE NIGHT SO THE FOSTERCARE PARENTS DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIS ADHD.HE HAS DISPLAYED SOME SIDE EFFECTS FROM THE DRUG YET THE PHYC DOC REFUSES TO TAKE HIM OFF THEM STATES HE NEEDS TO BE MANAGBLE WHILE IN CARE. CASE WORKER SAID SHE WOULD TALK TO SUPERVISOR BUT STILL OVER TWO MONTHS NO WORD FROM HER THE DOCTOR THEY TAKE HIM TO FOR MEDS SAID SHE WOULD GIVE HIM MORE DRUGS FOR SIDE EFFECTS BUT REFUSES TO EVEN CONCIDER REDUSING HIS MEDS OR STOPPING THEN. MY SON HAS A FACIAL TIC THAT HAS BECOME WORSE WITH THE MEDS !
WHAT CAN I DO ?
DO I HAVE ANY SAY IN THIS AT ALL?
PLEASE HELP THEY ARE HARMING HIM AND I CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

family_man

Re: PARENTAL COSENT NOT NEEDED

Postby family_man » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:12 pm

This is the very same battle I fought for 3 years with one of my children. Resperidone (brand name Risperdal) is a heavy hitter drug that has far reaching side effects that are sometimes irreversible. One of these is tardive dyskinesis, the involuntary tics that you've described. Sometimes these go away after the drug is stopped, sometimes they're permanent. Extreme weight gain, is another common side effect, insomulence (sleepiness), as well as the formation of male breasts, because of the hormone imbalances. The drug has been linked to pituitary cancer in rats, and with a rare but sometimes fatal neurological disorder. The manufacturer's own label warns that the drug should never be used as a first line form of treatment for anything.

In my case, I was my son's medical consenter, and I declined consent to have this harmful drug administered. CPS added medical neglect to their list of allegations. I had to get a court order to have my sone examined by in independent psychiatrist, who then wrote a scathing report about how the state was misdiagnosing and mistreating my son. CPS had to relent.

This is a tough battle to fight, but one well worth it. I can give you more information by private mail, if you so desire it.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

naborchk

Postby naborchk » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:29 pm

yes i would like any info on how to help get my son off this medication my e-mail is [email protected] thanks

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:33 am

I hope you've received the material I sent to you via Private Message (PM) and email. Go to your User Control Panel and Private Messages Tab. I hope it's helpful to you.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

naborchk

Postby naborchk » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Thank you family man I have written a letter addressing my concerns stating the side effects and I sent that to everyone from my attorney the judge, foster parents ,docter ect.The doctor refuses to do anything about it and stated she would put him on abilify instead or give him something for side effects but she straight out refuses to take him off of it and the case worker said she would discuss with her supervisor however to this day no change.I even sent my documentation and the doctor never even read my letter just shoved it to the side saying that he had a severe behavior disorder and needed to be managed in the fostercare home also said that cps would have to sign something in order for her to take him off of this drug.a document that goes against doctors recomondations. Basically they r useing these kids as guinne pigs for their FDA studies on its side effects and risks. They know there is nothing anyone will be able to do to get them off so they get their long term studies.crooked doctors working for the state and the FDA.Just one more thing they do to these helpless children.I won't give up and I'll let everyone know if any of my efforts work.I'm currently going to contact Ombudsman again this time by phone since the e-mail didn't appear to get any response.These people can be very helpful when you can't get any response from your case worker.

Return to “Medical Issues”