how can we get attention on exposing CPS

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

denwhi

how can we get attention on exposing CPS

Postby denwhi » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi there,
This is our horrific CPS story in Denver Colorado. I am trying to get the attention of everyone who cares about civil rights, innocent children and their parents and The Constitution of the United States of America.

Child "protective" services violate all of these things and we are not an isolated case by any means. You do not have to do anything to have these monsters invade and destroy yours and your children's lives. Attention needs to be paid to what CPS is all about and how to stop the insanity. If CPS are exposed at every possible chance and by every available venue, there would be change. The media really needs to get involved in the exposure of what CPS does and why they do it.($$$$$$$$$) Sheer profit for them. CPS also have certain groups of people they choose to do this to, such as the disabled, poor, single mother's, people who cannot afford to fight back. This is not to say that they ONLY choose these types of people because it can happen to anyone, anywhere, anytime in the world.

How can we get the media to start doing stories about families victimized by CPS and urge fellow media venues to do the same. It's so important to save the children from being tortured and ripped away from their loving, caring families.

Thank you.

Denise Whisler
Denver, CO

07/16/2012

This is a case opened by Denver Department of Human Services in June of 2008 due to false allegations which were dismissed because the accusation was unfounded. However, instead of closing their file on us, they continued on because we were home schooling our son who has non verbal Autism.
As everyone is aware, home schooling is perfectly legal in all 50 states and most countries. But because the caseworker and magistrate do not agree with home schooling and are very against it we were court ordered to place our child in public school in the fall of 2008. He was enrolled and attending public school ever since then and DDHS had a treatment plan for my sister and I to complete which we did no questions asked and no resistance.
Two years later in May 2010, DDHS decided to remove our child from his mother's custody and place him in a group home for special needs boys ages ranging from 7-21 and they usually have 10 boys living there at once only because 10 is the maximum they can house there.

They removed him because they stated that he had missed too many days of school that year. That is the only reason they took him from us, missed school days.
We kept record of the missed days and the reasons which were several different reasons. The reasons were illness (with doctor's notes), a court ordered Day Treatment program at The Children's Hospital that was two weeks long, severe weather, lack of communication on the part of the teacher about safety issues in the classroom, etc. We asked the caseworker at that time to help us with the communication with the teacher but she ignored us. We finally just had to send him and worry about the violent children in the classroom hurting our child.
When he was removed in May 2010, we were given another treatment plan which was solely for the reunification of our child. We entered their court ordered therapy and worked with many of their different providers in our home every week, in the group home on our one visit day with our child, we attended their six weeks of parenting classes, etc. When we completed everything on the treatment plan to have our child brought back home to us, the then case worker started the "transition to home" plan. This was six weeks of three visits a week with our child in our home for 5 hours each visit and then a 4 hour group home visit each week. We were just about to start the final step before reunification which was overnight visits with our child in our home when this caseworker, annette ware, suddenly and abruptly stopped all visits and the transition plan and she gave no reason why, no reason to us, to the court, to anyone. She then took us to court and changed the reunification goal to OPPLA (other permanente placement living arrangements). Therefore meaning that he was taken away from us permanently. Our court ordered mental health therapist that we were seeing for over a year was not allowed to testify and neither were we. The magistrate went along with everything the department asked for no questions why they were doing this. The court appointed lawyer did nothing to help us and instead actually helped them as most of them are well known to do.
Our hearts sank and are completely torn apart by what they have done to our precious innocent child and us. We did nothing wrong and nothing to warrant them taking our child away from his loving home permanently.
There have never been concerns or issues of any abuse, neglect or safety with us and our home (as stated by DDHS in court) and yet CPS is just allowed to tear families apart anyway.
However, there are many safety concerns about the group home environment. But no one (CPS/DDHS) cares about those.
We were forced to hire a private attorney with money we don't have (because DDHS has taken over half of our income since May 2010.)
Since our child has been in the group home he has regressed and he has received only the bare minimum of services he so desperately needs to thrive, services he was getting when he lived at home. He has been hurt and abused in that group home too many times to count. Broken teeth, sores, cuts, bite marks, contusions and bruises, hearing loss, bullying, cellulitis, illness and infections consistently, falling down stairs, tripping and falling due to there being tripping hazards all around the group home inside and outside. He was never injured and hurt while living with us.
He is consistently subjected to unsanitary living conditions and it is also extremely loud, chaotic, hectic, stressful and crowded in the group home which all these things are magnified X 1000 for a child with Autism and sensory integration disorder as our child has.
They are understaffed and overworked because of it. Most staff members do not even understand Autism and all the things that go along with it which makes it even that much harder on our child just to get through everyday.
He shares a bedroom with four other boys (he had his own room at home), he is completely non verbal and cannot speak or tell anyone what he feels, wants or what happens to him. We as his parents are not told about what goes on with him day to day for over two years now.
The group home director refuses to allow him to receive the kind of speech therapy (AAC) he requires being non verbal and so he has been deprived of learning a communication method all this time because of her.

We have been writing letters to everyone under the sun to get attention on our case because our boy deserves to be home with his loving family not in a group home or foster care, period. The only children that should ever be in foster care are ones that are abused, neglected, are unwanted and have no where else to go. What has and is happening to us is an outrage to say the least and it happens to many innocent families all over the world.

Due to us bringing our story to the attention of so many different entities and authoritative figures in the political realm, minus the media (they say they are too busy for these kinds of stories), DDHS stated that they are now "willing" to return our boy. However this was back in March 2012. It is now almost August and we do not have him back nor will they even give us an idea of when they will return him to us. DDHS is saying that we need to complete yet another treatment plan because our last completed plan is null and void. No, it is not fair at all because we have glowing reports of progress from our previous therapist and the other professionals we had to work with for months on end but that's the way DDHS works. So, we are asking if our child can be brought home to us while we work on and complete this new treatment plan and they are saying no. We need to see if the new judge on our case will agree or disagree with returning him before we complete the new treatment plan. DDHS is not willing to even ask the judge at the next hearing in August. 2012. We will continue to comply with and complete their treatment plan but we should not have to be without our child while doing it. He needs to be home with family who want him, love him and care about him more than anyone can know.

There is no reason at all that our child should have to stay in that hell hole group home any longer due to there being NO safety concerns with us or our home. There is NO reason. He needs to be returned to us now and not for DDHS to drag this out as long as they want to which is what they are doing.

This is the most horrific injustice that could happen to a parent and a child!

DDHS' job is supposed to be to help families and children NOT completely destroy their lives!

Denise and Donna Whisler
Denver, CO

Eljay

Re: how can we get attention on exposing CPS

Postby Eljay » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:02 am

Have you gone to your county supervisor/county board of advisors/county council? They control the purse strings for the county-based CPS groups. Do the media stuff AFTER you get your son back. Right now, work the chain of command/cash.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Well, I think we should unite. Do you know any others? I know more than a few. My 9 year old is autistic and non-verbal and we've been through a slightly different type of hell. I know a few other parents, seems like every 4th or 5th case, a disabled and/or autistic child is involved.

I absolutely believe cps targets children with autism, they're like a twenty dollar bill in a pot of pennies to them. Let's start a group somewhere (fb?) and only let in parents/guardians or maybe there's already one on fb...brb.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:41 pm

I try and scream as much as I can, virtually. There are other networks with a lot of screaming parents too, sometimes only those in those rooms can hear our screams so I like to go outside the network and flat out tell my story over and over in the news comments section of any cps related story. I also have a blog and that can also be very effective and I need to SEO mine back up again.

Gosh when you think of all the money and charities for autism, the walks...where is that money going? It goes to contractors and those with government grants? is that the incentive, the money...they are going after?
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “Medical Issues”