my son has a broken collar bone, 4 months old, help!

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

sunshinemom

my son has a broken collar bone, 4 months old, help!

Postby sunshinemom » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:42 pm

ok so this is what's going on.

a month ago i left my son with the father's sister on a Saturday, then on Sunday he was with his father. i came home around 3pm and the father said he thinks the baby has something wrong, he noticed a yellow bruise on his shoulder. so we took him to the hospital and after hours and hours the doctors determined that jack had a broken collar bone. they asked us how it happened and we both didnt know. so they said they had to make a report to cps. and the next day me and the father went to cps and got interageted by some cops. that night we had to take Jack to the children's. hospital and get more x rays. then they took him from us that night... so now we have had all our court dates except our trail that they have pushed out 4 months from now. they wont give jack to the father cuz they think he did it. and they wont give him to me. the mom. because i have a shitty record. idk what to do...this is the hardest thing iv ever gone threw. my lawyer said if i bring. all the paper work explaining my charges a little better and that iv done all my probation stuff that she should give jack back to only me for now. i need advice & help.

LindaJM

Re: my son has a broken collar bone, 4 months old, help!

Postby LindaJM » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:26 am

Hi there, welcome to the site.

I agree with your lawyer that collecting paperwork to use as evidence in your favor is the best thing to do for now. I'm glad to hear you will get a trial. Hopefully the judge will see you weren't responsible for the injury and will let your child return home.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Medical Issues”