Toddler has bruises in foster Care

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Three Girls Gone

Toddler has bruises in foster Care

Postby Three Girls Gone » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:46 pm

What can I do to get my 1 yr. old removed from this foster home? She has a bruise on her arm when I seen her and CPS the caseworker,supervisor is trying to cover it up. It was really red and it look like someone pinched her or grabbed her by her arm. They took the baby to the doctor days later and it wasn't red anymore it was dark. How I know it was dark because I called the doctor and spoke to him about my child and he was able to tell me that it appears to be a mosquito bite and it wasn't red when he seen it. I explained to him that when I seen this bruise it was red and it is a bruise. I also sent the picture of it to my Pediatrician and implied it did look like a bruise. And many others say the same thing.

The only reason I was able to get the information to the doctor was because i spoke to the caseworker and her supervisor immediately when the visit was over about the bruise and they gave me the medical records. Please help me what can I do to get her removed from this place until they come home this is bad enough. They are also falsifying fake documents to cover this up.

Thank You :( :x

Three Girls Gone

Re: Toddler has bruises in foster Care

Postby Three Girls Gone » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:47 pm

This is happening in Houston TX. :(

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:18 pm

I would try writing to or visiting my county commissioner (in some states they are called the County Board of Supervisors) . . . you could either speak at the meeting for a few minutes, or visit the commissioner who takes care of your section of the country.

These Commissioners/Supervisors are in charge of everything that goes on within the county, including child welfare services. They are elected officials and therefore more interested in the problems their constituents are having with county agencies... because they naturally want your vote and good word-of-mouth PR. They also are interested in protecting the county from lawsuits. You may find this person to be a very helpful advocate.

If you try this, please come back to tell us what happened and whether your child was moved.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Three Girls Gone

Postby Three Girls Gone » Fri May 01, 2015 10:03 am

Thank You very much and I will come back with some feed back to let you know what happened. :D :)

Return to “Medical Issues”