Took kids because on methadone!

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Chloelle116

Took kids because on methadone!

Postby Chloelle116 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:21 am

Im in need of help, support, advice, etc. I have four children who were taken by cps six months ago because of being on methadone maintenance. Thankfully they gave them to my mother, whom I was still allowed to live with because I was pregnant with my husband an i fourth child. The first three were taken because I was on drugs several months prior. I was actually in the hospital for pre-term labor when they showed up because I was on methadone. The worker advised a safety plan which i was scared out of my mind if i didn't sign. After i fully read the report, seeing all of the accusations about me that were grievously false, I asked if it could be rewritten without the errors. She agreed and set a date to come back with the revised one. BIG MISTAKE. She took my case to legal and kids were taken. Baby was in hospital for ac ouple weeks after birth because of the methadone. They put a hold on the baby and took her too simply because i did what i was medically advised to be the best thing for my baby. The report stated that i "exposed the baby to substances or alcohol ". That i couldn't possibly be a good safe mother because the methadone. That i could harm the baby if i drove with her in a car. At first i was so scared. Now i am furious! I am an excellent mother. After finding out that trying to make me get off the methadone is against the americans with disabilities act and i have the law on my side i want to fight this. Ive never given them a dirty drug screen or any reason to believe i couldn't provide and protect the kids. They said prior use implies neglect. I am eight months clean, i never let them break me. Please any help at all. Anything please i feel like i am one and they are many.

Chloelle116

Re: Took kids because on methadone!

Postby Chloelle116 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:25 am

Another thing i wanted to add, i got help an went into the program several months prior to cps involvement. I wasn't forced, i chose it myself to get clean. They are trying to act like they "made" me get help. They will never take that away from me.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Another thing i wanted to add, i got help an went into the program several months prior to cps involvement. I wasn't forced, i chose it myself to get clean.

I commend you!...

CPS can and will say anything they wish to the court... You have to report every error they enter as evidence against you..

Most won't say a word in court to dispute what CPS says. When informing the Court(Judge) of any error,, You need to state: CPS is falsifying court documents.. This should be done by filing a "Declaration of Facts" with the Court Administration stating the falsified evidence before each hearing.. This way it is entered "on the record" and can be brought back as an "ace in the hole" if months from now, everything goes totally bad against you..

You can't go back and fight based on an issue you didn't bring up earlier in your case
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Chloelle116

Postby Chloelle116 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:12 am

Thank you for the advice! I know that it can be hard for people to understand that getting off methadone isn't the right thing for me, and therefore the kids right now. There are a lot of stigmas attached to methadone, so it is hard for people who use it appropriately. I have started writing up a declaration of facts using the outline I found on this site. I also contacted my "attorney" and asked for help filing it with the court. I actually went to the clinical supervisor of the clinic I attend and found that they may also be able to help with this issue. I really appreciate you taking the time to help, it will really help. It is people like you that make this site so valuable. I have also reached out to different media outlets and a few organizations. I cannot afford to be meek, my kids need to see that what is happening is wrong and that we have god given rights that are worth fighting for.

Return to “Medical Issues”