Does the court order an evaluation at the end of the plan?

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Lysander

Does the court order an evaluation at the end of the plan?

Postby Lysander » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:10 am

After a child is found dependent/neglected, the court will sometimes order an evaluation to see what the psychologist recommends should be included in the treatment plan. Is there also usually an evaluation at the end of the treatment plan to see if the parent is now fit to raise his child, or do they just assume he is fit if he has completed the treatment plan successfully?

It seems to me that if they don't do a second evaluation, then this is a very similar process to probation in the criminal justice system. They don't do a second evaluation either; they just assume you're good to go if you obeyed all of their orders and cooperated with the treatment that the psychologist recommended.

family_man

Re: Does the court order an evaluation at the end of the pla

Postby family_man » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:45 pm

I can't speak for all cases or all states, but I was subjected only to a single psych eval near the beginning of my case. It found no diagnosable conditions. I did not use the state-recommended psychologist, but one I sought out myself. I would recommend everyone else do the same if you can afford it, as it is more likely to come out in your favor.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Return to “Medical Issues”