Psychological Evaluations?

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Sarbear84

Psychological Evaluations?

Postby Sarbear84 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:16 pm

My Husband and I are having to take one tomorrow ..Has anyone else had to take one? If so has ANYONE ever not have negative results that were NOT used against you? From everything I have read this is a Sham. Designed to make you look bad. Please let me know your opinions. I have another one set up to contradict any false findings..but I'm also very concerned that my husband works graveyard shift and will be taking this test running on 0 sleep.

Starahone

Re: Psychological Evaluations?

Postby Starahone » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 pm

I took one, (with many evals included). It wasn't that bad. As long as you're not doing weird stuff it should show that you're normal. But I know two people whose results were "too normal" and they were made to take second exams :!:

joeylambert357

Postby joeylambert357 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:31 pm

Sarbear84 wrote:My Husband and I are having to take one tomorrow ..Has anyone else had to take one? If so has ANYONE ever not have negative results that were NOT used against you? From everything I have read this is a Sham. Designed to make you look bad. Please let me know your opinions. I have another one set up to contradict any false findings..but I'm also very concerned that my husband works graveyard shift and will be taking this test running on 0 sleep.

Yes, I just got mine back and it was like they were talking about a totally different person. It is a sham to make you look bad. .well it does to me. .just my opinion

mimirose

Postby mimirose » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:40 am

I just complete an psych eval yesterday. It was lengthy and exhausting. I had a tough time because I in the past did suffer from depression and anxiety (domestic violence marriage) after divorce and much counseling I am better yet I'm stuck in this case because of ex's accusations of untreated mental health concerns. So answering certain questions was really tough because I did not want to lie. I answered everything as best as I could always stating that "two years ago" things were a certain way "but now" I have learned or I am better, etc. I know the psychologists are trained to and test designed to read the patterns in your answers. I don't feel very positive. I'm worried because my depression was really bad before I had my son. I have done everything I could to "get better" to move past what that violent relationship caused for me.

I'm afraid they will not see that. DCS has really made me feel just as paranoid as I did when I lived with my manipulative narcissistic husband. I just want my baby boy back. A chance to prove that I am no longer a victim to a man nor depression.

:(

ATAKb3for3@ny0n3

Postby ATAKb3for3@ny0n3 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:16 pm

I had to take one but i feel that because i was hospitalize for a whole month and the day i was discharge was the day i took the test . I explained to the lady that i just left the hospital and really wasn't feeling up to it, She then stated if i left i would be arrested and reported to court so i took the test while in a duress state , can i take another

Return to “Medical Issues”