Child Protective Services and Psychological Evaluations

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

anonymous06'

Child Protective Services and Psychological Evaluations

Postby anonymous06' » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Also dont forget that most cps evaluations should be non bias meaning that whitnesses involved in the court case should be involved either my written testamoney or affidavitts.

When using your own Forensic Phyc Eval make sure to check out wether or not you have to have the CPS (Truthfull?) case file evidence passed on to your Forensic Phyciatrist!

See Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaA2ohqTNsQ

Von

Re: Child Protective Services and Psychological Evaluations

Postby Von » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Does this apply to the UK too? x

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:24 pm

This, I couldn't tell you. I don't know UK law. I know the USA laws are based on the UK law system... but you should definitely research in your own country.

Even here in the USA the states all have different laws.

The woman in the video lives in Washington state.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

jwilson29

Postby jwilson29 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Just to let you know I was told during my case that CPS is to do a referral letter for payment. It shud include what your childs allegations were to get u removed and request of payment. My letter was about how CPS hated me. I asked CPS in writing for a copy of all referral letters. I took them to the judge and he requsted new evaluations with a normal referral letter. Also when you first meet up with CPS and they ask you to sign a document agreeing to Comply with services I was told by my lawyer and I did this that you can say I agree to do those services and I am not signing that. Then at next hearing I had did everything on that list through who I wanted and paid out of my own pocket. Then I did the CPS paid ones through their people. He was very surprised to see how honest I was in my evaluations and how positive they still turned out. And the ones the state paid for were twisted and rotten. He would never bad mouth CPS but he did make comments about things that was in favor of me and he could not believe how many services I was willing to take and pay out of my own pocket just to go out of my way to get my kids back. It pays to work hard and show the court in a diplomatic way how CPS is doing wrong. I showed him instead of just bad mouthing CPS and it got his attention.

Lunaravenmoon

Postby Lunaravenmoon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

I don't have the money to do that.

I did the rest though. I do things they haven't even asked...

Their evaluation is so opposite its scary.

I have PTSD.

Their evaluation doesn't even fit their own claims. its insane.

My lawyer says they have nothing but...

my old lawyer said I had to pay out of pocket but I am poor and have no way to do this. I have tried. everyone wants thousands of dollars and I am already in debt from this and identity fraud before this. I can't even take out a loan to pay for another evaluation. I do however have doctor records form a psych, often and detailed. they show opposite of what cps says and I hope that works.

I do what I can. I go to a clinic for my ptsd and since this have gone every month instead of the 6 months to a year I usually am asked to do. They did every 3 months for awhile cuz they were making sure I didn't go into post pardom depression after my boys were born... but they had already switched me to every six months before this happened.

I am kinda confused to this. I only do services because it helps me slowly continue my recovery for PTSD. recovery doesn't make it go away... but they don't even have anything how this supposedly effected my children or put them in any danger. they just have words and nothing else, no marks on my boys, nothing. they weren't dirty, weren't starving, weren't hurt.

I live in Arizona.

I am wondering though how you did this. If their is a way I can... I will take it gladly.

I will do anything for my children which often shocks people. Apparently I am supposed to be some lazy... for the love of the goddess why must they ruminate on stupid thought up stereotypes they themselves create?!!!

I am new here, do you know of a thread for those who have had their religions bashed in some way? I am pagan and the investigative worker did many things and while I can't prove half of it, I do need help dealing with it and talking with people who have also been through such will help.

anyway... yeah.

thank-you. you sound amazing. how did you do it? do you know any resources?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:31 am

Do you have any sort of health insurance? Even state sponsored?

You should raise the issue in court that the state's "providers" have a conflict of interest if (and it's rarely "if") they also provide services/counseling for CPS clients. They have every financial incentive to declare people as mentally ill and in need of their services... it guarantees their income.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Lunaravenmoon

Postby Lunaravenmoon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:15 pm

I have the mental health equivalent, however I fall into Obama's pleasant little "through the cracks" category. Because cps has my kids I can't get access, which I had before this because I DO have ptsd, something that while it doesn't stop me from understanding or thinking, or parenting, is a valid disability and I was on ssi for it. The investigative worker kept giving me crap for that. I was told to do whatever they told me nomatter how stupid and all my directions were verbal regarding her. I never got anything in the mail, something I now know I was supposed to and she wrote she sent. Really all that's gonna be is he said she said, accept this judge likes them and hasn't upheld her rulings with them so bringing it up would be pointless accept with a pattern to box her in strategically. Thats the only way we will win this case, to box both cps and the judge into a corner, because we have got probably the only judge THIS biased, from what BOTH lawyers have told me plus the guardian at litem who never talks to me, and is only their in court since she declared to the judge that I didn't need her. The judge refused to resign her because cps says I need her and wont' listen to anyone else BUT cps. I should probably be grateful she at least tells them two visits a week instead of the one they wanted to so for their convenience. I do have a way to get medical care in an emergency. I am pretty healthy minus some issues kept in tight control doing regular maintenance(but going to a doctor won't enhance my well-being accept for check ups and I get those already). I go to a Magellan clinic for my ptsd, and have worked hard for specifically more appointments just to show the consistency. i wasn't sure how it woudl help at first, kinda just acted on instinct. I needed the reassurance I wasn't crazy to be honest. The investigative worker was saying things my grandmother said before she died. Flashbacks and nightmares don't stop me from being a parent and being hyper aware actually helps at times. At least its useful for something. So... in a way I guess you could say. I am generally resourceful enough. I usually do my contacts job more than she does and several people are having trouble getting a hold of her for referrals. I have to advocate both cps and my mental health care. I am infinetally glad for those close to me. I coudlnt' do it without them. Between making sure I don't starve myself from working on this so hard, making sure I don't isolate, making sure I am OK, being their... I have often forgone taking care of myself without being reminded, because I was putting so much work into having a job, juggling the way cps can't keep a stable schedule most of the time and when they do they hadn't been flexible with me at all, their was no speaking of scheduling for work so I could get a better job that I could earn more money and not get fired from because I suck at sales. If let be, I will isolate without even meaning to(been this way since they took my kids), just to do research and make sure everyone is doing their jobs. I have been known to be on the phone from the time I get up to the time I am at work sometimes. Someone like a brother to me has been making sure I stay sane in that area and we talk daily, morning and when I get off work, before bed. We text a lot too. Keeps me sane. I never did take isolation or insane circumstances well, even though most of the reaction is internal(though bro says I show more than most people-I am aware it doesn't even scratch the surface of my feelings). I am still feeling like I am going crazy with this. Therapist said it was because its an insane circumstance and those make you feel crazy. It natural to need reassurance your not crazy and its natural to feel crazy even when you not, when someone pulls crap like they have. They canceled my visit the other day so I must confess, I rant on and on when upset, even just over-explaining in text. I do hope I have not typed too much. I am able to get basic medical care and emergency medical care as needed. Did I adequately answer your inquiry?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Lol.... I was just about to blow off your rant when you brought it back home. The thought was that you could perhaps get a psych wheel from your own provider. Maybe?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Ruff0326

Postby Ruff0326 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:04 am

My husband and I in the course of CPS investigation were asked to take a psychological evaluation. They told us because they were the ones requesting it that the state would pay for it. My husband didn't fail or in other words pass. The doctor stated that his evaluation came up with the conclusion that he had basically no care in the world. Our last court date was the end of April now DCS is requesting that my husband take another evaluation, more strings being pulled in order for us to get our children back and it has now been almost 7 months!!! My twin sons will turn 1 on the 21 I have missed all of their first because of DCS and CPS not having a case. And here they are still trying to find something anything on myself or my husband so we do not get our kids back. Good luck!!

Return to “Medical Issues”