newborn grandson taken from hospital tested postive/meth

Info for giving temp. guardianship to someone else..

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

dwoo

newborn grandson taken from hospital tested postive/meth

Postby dwoo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 pm

My 24 year old daughter had been living with me and was using meth with xanex I say this because CPS thinks I should have reconized it. This is a horrible situation she has immediatly entered rehab. We have a court appointed attorney who is a board member of a program called drug court He and cps are pushing her to do this program she has a Pell Grant for the fall. She will be forced to live in a homeless shelter with her baby at 6 months old in a very dangerous part of town. My daughter is willing to do anything to get her baby back and be a great mother. The problem is she is in Nexus a program that is supervised and designed for the baby to be with the mother there are other mothers that have done worse in this program and they have their babies.We are asking for another court appointed attorney. Once my daughter starts her outpatient care and has successfuly completed her program at what point are they going to back off. She will probably need to live with me while she gets a part time job she is a vet tech by trade. How are you "self sufficient" without child support and help to get through school on an $8.50 hr job?

LindaJM

Re: newborn grandson taken from hospital tested postive/meth

Postby LindaJM » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to your message - my computer broke down and it set me behind about a week.

After she's completed treatment CPS will probably still visit her for about six months in a "family maintenance" program. So long as everything remains happy for that period of time they'll probably close the case.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Temp. Guardianship”