FAQ/FACTS AND QUESTIONS

Info for giving temp. guardianship to someone else..

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Dazeemay

FAQ/FACTS AND QUESTIONS

Postby Dazeemay » Thu May 18, 2006 9:07 pm

Ask away and I will try to answer your questions.
Last edited by Dazeemay on Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

joeblow

re: FAQ/FACTS AND QUESTIONS

Postby joeblow » Sat May 20, 2006 9:12 am

when is this too late?

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat May 20, 2006 10:44 am

The guardianship has to be done before cps enters your life. This is to keep them from taking your children.

I am sorry they took your baby. :(

I will have to read your posts as I see you posted your case and I will get back to you on what you can do court wise. I will answer you on the other fourm you posted in.

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

joeblow

Postby joeblow » Sat May 20, 2006 4:37 pm

The guardianship has to be done before cps enters your life. This is to keep them from taking your children.

i thought so, but was hoping maybe not. do you know if i have any influence or say in where my baby should be placed for temporary custody?

i ask because both of her grandparents has been cleared with dcf. however, paternal grandmother a few hundred of miles away, in state, but out of their jurisdiction, can you see any benefit to having my daughter there instead?

I am sorry they took your baby. :(

I will have to read your posts as I see you posted your case and I will get back to you on what you can do court wise. I will answer you on the other fourm you posted in.

thanks ...
for the help and sympathy
this site has been my only source of hope thus far.

Marina

can petition court for custody or legal guardianship

Postby Marina » Wed May 24, 2006 12:36 pm

You can petition the court for custody or legal guardianship

In Virginia, there is a provision for relatives or interested parties to petition for custody at any of the hearings: emergency removal, preliminary hearing, foster care service plan hearing, foster care review hearing, and termination of parental rights hearing. This is described in the courts codes, in the foster care regulations and in the foster care policy manual.

(I had copied quotes and posted here, but it didn't seem to go through.)

I think there are two options: one for no public financial assistance, where the custodian just has to have a background check and go along with the service plan. If the custodian wants foster care maintenance payments, then they have to become a licensed foster home.

In some states there are programs set up for subsidized formal kinship care or subsidized guardianship. I'm not sure what all the details on service plans are, they may vary by state.

My friend's lawyer told her that if she got everything done, he could schedule a hearing sooner than the one already scheduled. That may be a possibility if you have chosen a custodian.

One of the factors in deciding reunification is family support. This is in our foster care policy manual. I don't see why a "consent to guardianship for the care of a child" or "power of attorney for a child," etc. can't be used as support for reunification at a hearing.

(Terminology and laws vary greatly according to states.)

Pep

Re: FAQ/FACTS AND QUESTIONS

Postby Pep » Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:53 pm

Dazeemay wrote:Ask away and I will try to answer you and if I don't know I will do research on your question..

Dazeemay, how does one relinquish guardianship of children back to the parents? I have permanent guardianship of my sister's children through DSS. My sister was told after 6 months she could file for custody again. 6 months will be this July. Her lawyer wants me to write a letter requesting the children go home to their parents, but I don't have a clue to what they want me to write. Any ideas of exactly what it is I'm supposed to say in the letter that will influence the Judge to let the children go home?

Thank you, Pep

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:31 pm

What state are you in. Sometimes they want you to file it on a form from your state.

Pep

Postby Pep » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:02 am

Dazeemay wrote:What state are you in. Sometimes they want you to file it on a form from your state.

I am in Massachusetts.

Thank you, Pep

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:11 am

If you are willing to spend $12.00 this site will write you a letter for your state.

http://secure.uslegalforms.com/cgi-bin/ ... rch.pl?S-0

I think it is well worth it because it takes the tension off of you.

Pep

Postby Pep » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:14 am

Dazeemay wrote:If you are willing to spend $12.00 this site will write you a letter for your state.

http://secure.uslegalforms.com/cgi-bin/ ... rch.pl?S-0

I think it is well worth it because it takes the tension off of you.

Oh yes, $12.00 would be well worth it! Do you know how quckly they do it? I need the letter by tomorrow when I see my sister so she can give it to her lawyer on Monday.

Thanks again, Pep

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:19 am

They do it on line so I imagine right away.

There is a number to call them too.

Pep

Postby Pep » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:01 am

Dazeemay wrote:They do it on line so I imagine right away.

There is a number to call them too.

Shoot, I just called their number and they are only opened Monday through Friday. I wish I knew about this last week and had more time to prepare. I don't have a clue as to what to say in this letter other than I think my sister is more than ready to take custody back of her children and that it is in the children's best interest to be with their parents who they love so much. I don't know if that's enough, though, or if that's what they're looking for.

Thanks again, Pep

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:32 am

Okay, let me see what I can do to find a good one for you to do.

Pep

Postby Pep » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:45 am

Dazeemay wrote:Okay, let me see what I can do to find a good one for you to do.

Oh, thank you so much! You have NO idea how much I appreciate your help. I'm so stressed out over this because if I don't get it right this time, it'll be another 6 months before we can go before the Judge again in the hope of getting these poor children back to their parents who they love and miss so much. I know these children love me, too, but NOBODY can take the place of their parents. My heart breaks for them as they cry each night because they miss their parents and want to be home with them. I don't fault DSS for removing the children when they did because my sister was unfit to take care of them, but she has done a complete turn-around. She never physically abused her children in any way and she kept them well fed, clean, and clothed well, but she was out of it on depressants. She's been through much trauma in her life and over-medicated herself, but she's been clean now for over a year and a half and has attended every program available to her. She's more than ready to care for her children now as they deserve to be cared for.

Thank you, Pep

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:10 pm

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=4274

Gov to this link. Do the Dec of Facts form. As I read it I could see that you can use it.

Also put in there what you just wrote to me.

Then your sister must do a Dec of Facts form to help her side of it. Her lawyer better let her or if s/he doesn't then tell your sister to hand it to the judge in spite of lawyer.

She needs to put all case plans she completed and when. They will lie and tell the judge she missed some or did not do them.

Then she needs to do the objections and corrections form and get all of the petitions and correct whatever they lied about and give the correct statement.

This is imperative that she file these because it will help her to get her children back.

Pep

Postby Pep » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:41 pm

Dazeemay, I'll go there now and check out these forms. I'll let you know how I make out.

~ Pep

Pep

Postby Pep » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:13 am

Dazeemay, thanks again for the help. The form wasn't a lot of help, but it did give me an idea of the format to use. I worked on it all day yesterday and finally finished it by the time my sister came. It was like 7 pages long double-spaced, but I didn't want to leave anything out. Whether anyone reads it or not is another story. I hope at least my sister's lawyer reads it so she'll know what she's talking about when she stands before the Judge. If not, it'll be another 6 months before we can go before the Judge again. What's so aggravating about this is that the Court gave my sister custody of 2 of her children back, but the 2 I have they wouldn't. This doesn't make sense to me. If my sister is fit to raise 2, then why not all 4?

~ Pep

righteousbabe

i have a question

Postby righteousbabe » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:23 am

Is doing this helpful at all if CPS does not have conservatorship or custody?

In our case, CPS is involved, but they've given Temp primary physical Custody to the child's father with both mom and dad still named as Joint Managing Conservatorship.

CPS has butted in and "placed" her but has not taken any legal action to give themselves conservatorship, custody, etc.

So would it be worth anything at this point to do guardianship in case they decide that they want to "remove" the child legally from dad and put her elsewhere?

Oh, and does the guardian have to be blood related? My GF's family is all in another state, several states away. Here locally there is just my mom (no legal relation to her or the child) and some very close friends. The child's maternal grandma lives here but she's unlikely to be helpful in a pinch. She'd agree to guardianship but if it came down to it she couldn't actually take her.

How many people can have guardianship of a child? My mom would be first on my list for my kids but then my ex after that, but the problem is my ex isn't my eldest's biological father, he was his stepdad for 10 years though, from the time my son was 2.

We're in Texas.

Thanks.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:13 am

Once cps is involved and have the children and placed them you cannot do a guardianship.

You do not have to be blood related to do a guardianship, but again all of this has to be done before cps steps into the picture.

You can have as many as you want on the guardianship. We have four people on ours, but you also must look into your state laws on power of attorney or temp guardianship.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:36 am

Dazeemay wrote:Once cps is involved and have the children and placed them you cannot do a guardianship.

You do not have to be blood related to do a guardianship, but again all of this has to be done before cps steps into the picture.

You can have as many as you want on the guardianship. We have four people on ours, but you also must look into your state laws on power of attorney or temp guardianship.

Thanks.

One more. What about the kids that are still at home? Is it good to do guardianships on them?

As far as we know, they are still not the part of any official investigation. Just my GF's daughter. Her son and my 2 sons don't have a case open that we know of.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:55 am

Definitely do a guardianship on all of them.

We did and that is what kept them from taking the other two grandchildren.

This is great protection also if you have to go to the emergency room.
These drs are often on contract and the hospital is not liable for their actions. They do the most reporting of any drs.

Carry it in your car and we have them in our wallets and purses.

TXMom

Postby TXMom » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:02 pm

Someone tell me quick how to do this in tExas?

gigglesalc25

Postby gigglesalc25 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:53 pm

the children have already been taken out of my friends home. can I have them placed with me?....I am not blood related, but we are close and consider each other family. My record is clean but my husband does have an assault charge from when he was a teenager and got into a fight with someone. This has been 10 plus years ago though. We live in Michigan?

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:13 pm

In my state, there is a clause "close friend who has had contact with the child for years" in the law, as a relative placement. You need to search MI's laws on placement of children and maybe into the fostering rules and regulations..It should be under either "Act 238 or Act 250 at the following link:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(4i2glpuhgxssm245ov3ivnfy)/mileg.aspx?page=getobject&objectname=mcl-chap722

If the children are already gone, it's to late for a temp. guardianship :cry:

If you need help in finding them... ask, :wink:
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

mommasboy0305

Re: FAQ/FACTS AND QUESTIONS

Postby mommasboy0305 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:45 pm

I am new to this site and have a lot of questions. I have been doing a little research and talked to a few friends and feel like I have probably been doing everything I shouldn't. When DHS first entered my life I was scared, didn't really know anything about DHS and I really thought I had to do everything they said or they would take my son, my life. They showed up at the door with a cup and made me take a drug test and sign some papers. They have been randomly coming out for drug tests and made me take an assessment at a rehab. They now want me to quit my job where I am a supervisor, pull my son out of his school ( he is two but he goes to a preschool that is state funded, they do a little bit more educational things than a daycare) and go stay at this rehab with my son. I am so shocked by this...wanting me to give up everything to have to start back over? He is still in my custody and I was wanting to know if anybody knew if I could sign temporary custody to mom who lives in missouri without having to get an approval from DHS? I had planned on moving there before they came in my life and now I just feel so stuck and lost. Can anyone help?

Return to “Temp. Guardianship”