What is "too late" for guardianship?

Info for giving temp. guardianship to someone else..

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

righteousbabe

What is "too late" for guardianship?

Postby righteousbabe » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:39 pm

Couple years ago I did a POA for my kids giving POA to my uncle and aunt (they aren't in the state anymore).

Now I'm wishing I'd done a Guardianship and kept it up naming my mom as Guardian, but at the time she was out of state and since then I let my guard down and got this stupid false sense of security...

so my son was interviewed today and the CW is requesting a meeting with us ASAP.

Would doing a Guardianship with my mom TOMORROW help in any way?

My mom, bless her, is so naive and keeps insisting that they "have" to place kids with kin and they would "have" to bring them to her if something happened. I can't believe after all *I* have been through she is still so gullible and doesn't understand when I tell her that they don't "have" to do any such thing.

Any way, should I do one tomorrow? Any point once an investigation is ongoing, or is the "too late" referring to after they've taken legal action, placement, TMC, etc.?

linda785

Re: What is "too late" for guardianship?

Postby linda785 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi I live in Kansas and I had my 2 toddlers in custody and while they were in custody me and my husband found out I was pregant and had another baby.. he came home from the hospital but we ALL know not to trust CPS they lie ALL the time. when my baby boy was born I had talked to my mother about getting guardianship of my baby before CPS took him, so my mom went down and started looking for attorneys that could do her guardianship, we went to court on my toddlers when my baby was 6 wks old still in my home he wasnt removed at that point. but it was permanatcy hearing for the two toddlers and CPS worker was there. CPS after court told our mom " I strongly suggest you get guardianship over your grandson, before we take him into custody." that was on wed 4:30p so thursday morning CPS tried to get a removal order on our son and the judge objected to it. So then our mom went down that day to the courts and asked how to get guardianship over her grandson cause the parents were consenting to it. they told her get a attorney and a court date set with the parents, she said ok. she found a attorney thursday after noon and had a court date set for Monday at 9a.. but CPS went to court on friday and got a emergency order to take the baby into custody for Neglect. and got the order it was a race to see who got in court first.. and CPS won. so our mom didnt get guardianship after all.. CPS lies to people all the time, DONT TRUST THEM.. Thank You...

Return to “Temp. Guardianship”