where to find state certifications for foster parents

Info for giving temp. guardianship to someone else..

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

bigredskippy

where to find state certifications for foster parents

Postby bigredskippy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:25 pm

It is too late for temp gaurdianship to be given however i have done two in the past 10 years and cps didn't get involved then. I never thought they would be involved again and here we are. My 11 year old had foster parents that were my friends and certified by the state of oregon 10 years ago. We have remaind friends and basically are our family. I have made them the gaurdians in the past and have made sure that they were a part of our safety plan should something happen to me. somehow they have been discredited and placed my son with strangers and won't even let them have a visit or talk tto them. They took his baby brother and placed him with the fathers sister who has had nothing to do with the baby nor has the father. i want the boys toghter and I want to know where to find the certification papers for her because cps is saying she was never certified which we know is a lie. can anyone help or know where to find this info?

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Do your friends have the papers?

Go to your government website and find out what the certification regulations are. Search for the term "certification of foster parents" or something similar until you find the information or a phone number to call.

Return to “Temp. Guardianship”