Can I still set up a guardianship?

Info for giving temp. guardianship to someone else..

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

angelheart83

Can I still set up a guardianship?

Postby angelheart83 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:41 pm

CPS is already involved in my life but my children are still in my care. CPS is trying to pressure me into doing something I feel is harmful to my son and I'm afraid they'll take him and his sister.

I did let them in my home but ONLY out of COERCION. There was a standoff outside my home that lasted at least 45 minutes. I only let them in after being threatened with prison, court and having my son either institutionalized or put in foster care. And the only reason I've continued to 'comply' is out of fear of them going to court in retaliation. In other words, my TRUE consent is absent because I was coerced. I would not have given my free consent to ANYTHING if I felt I had another choice.

I would like to protect my children from here on out with a guardianship. Since I still have custody, can I still do this? I live in North Carolina...is this one of the states where CPS can force a guardian to surrender the children?

As I've written in other parts of the forum, I fully intend to sue the two social workers and four cops who coerced entry into my home and have actually put my son especially in danger.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Marina

Re: Can I still set up a guardianship?

Postby Marina » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:13 pm

Go to your state gov. site and search for guardianship.

Here is one
http://www.nccourts.org/Support/FAQs/FA ... guage=1#47

Q. How can I become a guardian of my grandchildren, who are living with me, so I can enroll them in school or make medical decisions for them?
A. A guardian for a minor cannot be appointed for situations such as yours. In North Carolina a guardian of the person (or general guardian) of a minor may not be appointed unless both natural parents are deceased or their parental rights have been terminated.

In situations where minor children are living with others, at the request of the parent(s), then a custody agreement may be needed. An attorney will need to be contacted to assist the parents and person caring for the children to prepare such an agreement. (Last updated on 09/04/2001 )

- - - - - -

Now search NC gov for child custody agreement

angelheart83

Re: Can I still set up a guardianship?

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:19 pm

That doesn't look promising.

I'm going to consult my attorney about the matter and see what she says. I hope I can set this up so CPS can't ever take the kids.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Return to “Temp. Guardianship”