Help in Fl. After reading this forum I'm even saddened more.

Post and discuss your research and resources.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

bones1435

Help in Fl. After reading this forum I'm even saddened more.

Postby bones1435 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:39 am

I'm crystal. My daughter is Zoe Grace. I'm sad all the time without my daughter. I feel like I let her down and I'm terrified by the thought of loosing the only thing that matters to me. I don't like calling myself a victim. I would say I trusted too much. My daughter is almost six. I was 36 when I found out I was pregnant w Zoe, my life was already planned out, I was shocked. I was a trauma nurse in the ER, five more pregnant when I got sick from a deadly virus in 09. I was on a ventilator and in a coma for Zoe's last two months in my belly. They finally had to take her emergency Csec because we both were "crashing". Zoe was 2lbs 12 oz and just absolutely perfect! And a fighter! She was off her ventilator the next day! I was still in a coma and still fighting for life. I finally woke up after a couple weeks but I was like a baby myself. I couldn't even lift my arm up to rake a drink. I had tubes in my body doing everything for me (from pooping, peeing, eating. I had so much to handle and to top it off Zoe's father had relapsed while I was in the coma. So, new baby, a using husband and all my bills that had piled up while I was sick. I had married Zoe's father two days before I fell into the coma. I hadn't known him long nor did I know his crazy family. Well, when I got out of the hospital we went to live with his mother. She is a pretty well known person in our small town. She owns a private school so she " knows" a lot of big people in big places. Especially CPC. So, now I'm sick taking care of a preemie and my husband is actively using and I'm having extreme PTSD from being in a coma so long. I can't work. I've lost Everything but gained a most beautiful daughter. Everyone wanted a look at Zoe. My MIL treated Zoe like a show pony. Well, my husband got arrested and put in jail and Zoe was being "hidden" from me by my MIL. Somewhere in Naples is all I knew. Well, I was devastated and just didn't feel like I had any fight left and tried to take my life. I woke up 3 days later on a vent again. My MIL faxed the police report to CPC and began to scheme to take my daughter. And she won. CPC avoids my phone calls, did not give me the proper resources to get my case plan done and closed the case. I currently have all my case plan complete. My husband and I are doing so much better and Zoe is missing us so much. My MIL has basically only has to give us two hours supervised weekly and that's all she does. When me and Zoe and her father visit Zoe she's happy she gets so sad when we leave but my MIL is so controlling and says she will fight us if we try to get Zoe back. I tried to get CPC to reopen the case for reunification and they denied me and won't tell me why( but I know why). MIL gets 800.00 a month for Zoe off of my disability and she really likes that money. But what she likes most is having my pretty girl and using her as a show pony. After reading these post. I'm even more terrified. Can I get my daughter back? Have I lost her forever? Where do I go from here? My heart aches. And my belief that family stickers together is tarnished. How does a mother take their child from them and sleep at night?

family_man

Re: Help in Fl. After reading this forum I'm even saddened m

Postby family_man » Tue May 12, 2015 8:54 am

Have they terminated your parental rights? Are they planning to do so? If so, when is your TPR trial scheduled? What does your court-appointed lawyer say? You have one, right? If you've completed everything on your case plan, with documentation, you should be fine. But things don't always go as they're supposed to when it comes to CPS.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Return to “Research Resources”