Jurisdiction involving caseworker child abuse

Post and discuss your research and resources.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri May 18, 2007 5:18 am

http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/divis ... policy.pdf

page 78

6.0 Jurisdiction: Investigations Involving Employees of Local Departments
The Virginia Code provides the juvenile and domestic relations district court the
authority to determine jurisdiction of the investigation if the alleged abuser or neglector
is an employee of the local department where the report or complaint was received. The
purpose of this statute is to ensure a fair investigation and preserve impartiality.

§ 63.2-1509 of the Virginia Code states:
Va. Code § 63.2-1509(A). If an employee of the local department is suspected of
abusing or neglecting a child, the report shall be made to the court of the county or
city where the abuse or neglect was discovered. Upon receipt of such a report by the
court, the judge shall assign the report to a local department of social services that is
not the employer of the suspected employee for investigation or family assessment…
The judge may consult with the Department in selecting a local department to respond
to the report or the complaint.

The Virginia Administrative Code states:
22 VAC 40-705-40(H)(4). If a local department employee is suspected
of abusing and/or neglecting a child, the complaint or report of child
abuse and/or neglect shall be made to the juvenile and domestic
relations district court of the county or city where the alleged abuse
and/or neglect was discovered. The judge may assign the report …
pursuant to §§ 63.2-1509 and 63.2-1510 of the Code of Virginia.
If an employee of any local department is suspected of abusing or neglecting a child, a
report must be made to the juvenile and domestic relations district court of the county or
city where the abuse or neglect was discovered. The judge may assign the report to a
local department that is not the employer of the alleged abuser.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri May 18, 2007 6:48 am

This is very important when it come to jurisdiction...
For example, if some one saw you and family camping somewhere else in a different area, not in the county or not even in the city but out in the bush, but the jurisdiction is different. They cannot make a case out of the family because of different jurisdiction. It must be within the county and/or district, and City WHERE the Family LIVES. Not where the family vacations at.

That's why I LOVE VACATIONS. Because they know well enough that they are overstepping boundaries because they are in the wrong district/county or city....
If you are in a different county, that CPS will call the other CPS Agency in that county and have that CPS deal with you there instead of "here". But when the Family lives in that town, that CPS must deal with you "here" but not there.

Hope that is not confusing? ha haha. I would love to go vacationing down in the Bahamas because that's where CPS won't bother you at all. :wink: I would go for living in a complete different Country like the Janerio Rio. They have protections for you there where they cannot touch you there. Kind of like Immunity. But all of my Relatives are here, so it makes it more difficult and finances would make it almost impossible for me to move. But I will move some day. :wink:

Remember the good example of the Menniotes from Ontario where CPS took all of her 7 children because of capital punishment (spanking)???? Well that Entire Menniotes Familie and Menniotes community FLED CANADA TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY ALREADY!!!!

Yeah, just fled to get away from CPS's nazi kidnapping ways...Luckily the mother got her 7 children back just in time to flee Canada. You can google that story. It was a really good story. They got the children back based on Religion rights.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “Research Resources”