okay i was thinking about this and it made me laugh

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mojojojogrl

okay i was thinking about this and it made me laugh

Postby mojojojogrl » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:56 am

okay back when you were younger what normal things happened to you that now would cause cps to come into your parents life.....

when i was about 8 I decided that I could pop a wheelie while jumping over a ramp...ended up with stitches and a sprained arm.

I couldnt tell you how many times I fell down the steps....

I could leave my house to play knowing that when the street lights came on my butt better be in that house within a minute.....in my day a switch wasnt something you turned a light on with....

I didnt call cps when i was punished I did even worse I called my grandparents

My mom even said, omg we left you alone at 16 while we went away for a week I never knew that was illegal.....funny thing at 13 you can care for another living being but at 16 to be left home for a night is considered abandonment.....

anyway any stories to bring a smile to my face would be awesome.....tell me what things you did that you feel could have gotten your parents in trouble if it was 2006 when you were younger....

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:56 pm

I thought it would be "cool" to climb a tree and when my friend cut it down I would "ride" the falling tree to the ground.

Not one of my brighter ideas.

I was awarded a sprained wrist and a cast as a trophy.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:40 pm

I was riding my bike and the rubber peddle broke, which made my foot slip off of the pedal and the metal part holding the pedal went through my leg.

My parents took me to our wonderful family doctor, who when my dad was dying made house calls to our home for over a year.

I went into his office alone. He asked my mother to wait out in the office. She thought it strange, but she complied. As I sat there and he was looking at it he asked me what happened. I told him. He began cleaning and stitching the wound all the while talking to me.

Again he asked how it happened. I told him again. He looked at me and said it looked like a gun wound. He asked if it was a gun wound. I told him no, that it wasn't a gun wound.

I then said to him, "You know how I know? I am the one that was riding the bike and besides my dad and mom don't have any guns."

He smiled and said," that's good. Now go on with you and come back in one week for me to look at it."

Looking back it was so close, but I wonder how would they have handled it back in 1950?
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

kdddav'swife

Okay I can think of a few.

Postby kdddav'swife » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:59 pm

We currently live about 30-40 minuted from where they used to film the old black and white Tarzan movies. When my husband was about 14 (living the same place we live now) he thought that the vines hanging from the trees on this property would support his weight while he swang from vine to vine and yelled like Tarzan. he was wrong on two counts. 1. They would not support his weight and 2. He could not swing from vine to vine like Tarzan. Luckily nothing was broken as this was the 1980s and CPS did exist.

I remember sitting in the car while my mom went into the store for a few items and no one reported her to CPS.My Mom had a carseat but I do not think she used it past the age of two,they were not required.

I was also terrified of male dolls and mannequins. I was never abused so I do not know why I just was. Gees why did'nt someone investigate my parets for sexual abuse?
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:53 pm

Back in the Old Days, I was left at home alone at 14, and I had gotten so bored, that I called in prank calls to the Fire Department, claiming there was a Fire next door and they came, but then I got caught, and Police talked to my Parents and assured that it will not happen again. Parents disciplined me for that. They made me work all Summer long. Back then, surely if it was today, CPS would have checked into that for abandonment charges against my Parents for leaving me home alone. My Parents thought since I was 14 that I was old enough to watch TV alone and don't answer the door. I did not answer the door but instead playing with the phones. LOL boy did I learn that lesson big time.

There are plenty I did back in the Old Days that would have gotten my Parents in trouble, I would ride my Bike in the middle of the Busy Highway for fun, and would ride the Tube tied to the Truck and hang on to it, in the Winter time on a Highway while my Brother who was not licensed drove the truck. We lived on the Farm, we did just about anything that would show no protection at all from my Parents, we were free and roaming around, on the Field, playing all day long, making forts, and stuff. Did not come back till 5 PM supper, as Mom would say better be home for Supper or no Supper at all. If that was today, my Parents would be charged for not feeding me and CPS would check their Cupboards to see if there is any food. LOL I had fun times back then, and it was sure Free and having lots of fun as a Kid, always playing with other Children in the Neighbourhood and would get into dangerous stuff like hanging on the trees, riding our bikes down the hill, revving our motorcycle and drive at the Dump. That would constitute neglect today. Everything I did as a Kid cannot be done today and Kids can't do what we did back then. Less fun, and more time on Video games, it is not much outside playing anymore and that was a shame. All that fear of people seeing that Kids get into everything, they would call CPS. I encourage my Kids go out and play and have fun, and do it while they are Children before they grow up and they should be allowed to have Fun. They would play outside all day with the Neighbourhood Kids, rides bike, and stuff like that. They have Fun. That is all what it matters. It is a shame I don't see many Kids playing outside anymore. They are staying inside the house more and more every day and no exercise at all. And it is funny when Government encourage Kids to come outside and exercise because of Obesity Problem. It is just a real shame that Parents are afraid to send their Kids outside in fear of CPS slapping non sensical things on them.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

grandmatotwingles

Postby grandmatotwingles » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:40 pm

I've thought about this alot!

My mom washed my mouth out with soap for lying.

My dad spanked me for painting brown paint on the garage with a stick. When my mom found out she spanked me too, only when she turned me over her knee I hit my face on the corner of the counter.

One time I fell asleep on the couch in the living room. No one ever used the living room, we used the family room. My mom couldn't find me anywhere. She had the neighbors out looking for me. I woke to the police in the front hall. My mom was pretty upset, but thankfully happy to see me.

I guess I was very lucky to grow up when I did. But ya know I'm very thankfull I had good parents.

As for all the stuff I did, I was a chicken when it came to getting hurt. I did have 3 older brothers though, and they had the broken bones, stiches and all that good boy stuff.

Things have really changed in the last few years. My second oldest son... the people in the ER knew us by first name. That boy had stiches so many times I can't even count. He also broke his arm falling out of a tree.

My daughter had 2 black eyes when she was learning to walk. One on a cupboard knob when she fell and hit her eye on it, and the other from the arm of the couch when she fell on that.

Son #2 again... I gave him a black eye.. our bathroom door opened out instead of in. I came out of the bathroom and the door knob hit him in the eye. He was just at that perfect heighth, poor kid. He also fell head first off the playground jungle gym thing at school and needed stiches.

I almost took the swing set down in our backyard because of CPS and my grandson. Then I decided not to, and I told that CPS worker that too. Geeeesh I was afraid to let the boys ride their bikes over here too.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:08 am

Boy, Things have changed alot, eh?

All of these stuff, surely CPS will come swooping in and saying it is Abuse, no matter what you say or explain where they came from.

We didn't have to worry back in the old days, but today, we are always jumpy, and afraid that our Kids or Grandchildren gets hurt. I hear that people are afraid to bring their Kids to ER Doctors.

Shame really. CPS put fear in all of us, and many people around the nation.

Now I think back on this, this CPS is only what? 30 35 yrs old? maybe 40 yrs old. Back in 1940, 50's, 60's, we never had any Organization like these and the Kids were well behaved, and had good Jobs...

Today? Kids are out of control, poor behavioral problems, and they don't hold any jobs anymore? We get more Juvenile Dequilents out on the streets more than we had back then. :roll: Kids Dropping out of Schools, Girls getting Pregnant more...Kids committing Crimes more...getting into trouble more.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

righteousbabe

Postby righteousbabe » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:55 am

Sheesh, my brother had a broken bone EVERY year for a three year stretch! They would have been all over my mom. It was dirt bikes, skateboards, and sports, and that's all.

I was a "latchkey" kid from age 9 on. Home by myself from 3:30 or so until 5:30 when mom got home from work. Once I caught the microwave on fire during that time period.

I was allowed to ride my bike over the stretch of our entire smallish town (about 10,000 people) and the only rule was to be home by dark.

I once jumped from one bed to the other in my room and ended up cutting up my shin... on my metal-framed bed (probably a no-no)

Another time I was playing on a broken bicycle in the backyard and cut up my knee on the pedal... I'm sure the broken factor would have been a problem.

I used to sleep in the back of the station wagon on trips on folded up quilts my mom had used to make a "bed".....

There's much more... I guess my mom was lucky it was a different time!

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:32 pm

Even something as horrible as leaving kids in a car
was not a bad thing through the 1970's.

Today it's criminal.

righteousbabe

Postby righteousbabe » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:49 pm

Oh yeah, my mom did that all the time if I didn't behave in the store! If I started throwing a fit, I got sent to sit in the station wagon.

Return to “Round Table”